• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Am gobsmacked!!!!!!!

Well.... just phoned my local RSPCA and they dont do the vouchers :(
But..... they gave the the number of their welfare officer person and told me to ring her. So i did! She is going to give me £20 of the neutering for Marley and then Dexter when he is strong enough - whenever that will be!!!!!
Am so relieved!:D

Oh my god - she just called me back!!! She has put me in touch with the vet she uses for her own pets - she just called them and they told her it would be 45! £25 each rabbit with the vouchers - wow!!!!!! :shock::D:D

I phones four different vets and the cheapest was £45, Jack is now booked in to be castrated for Monday 25th.

Hi,
working as a vet nurse the only thing i paid is the actual cost price of the GA and the Meds, i paid:

Jimmys castrate £9.00
Cat Castrate £5.00
female dog Spay £23.00

The large cost of any ops is the Vet time and the GA, but with the mark ups...:roll: Its the time that is a factor, in dentals especially its the difficulty level once they inside the mouth, extractions cost muchly :roll:, if a tooth is loose and comes out easily its much much less....etc, you get the picture.

Basically the longer your pet is in surgery, the longer you are paying for a monitoring vet nurse,plus a vet to perform the surgery and the meds/GA. Then you are going to get a mark up on the vets time, because the longer he is tied up in surgery the less he can do elsewhere before consultations begin!

The last Vet i worked with was a small practice, with 2 vets and 3 nurses, there was a huge mark up on vet time and meds.....sometimes as much a 200% :shock:.....the practice would often close up with in excess of £2000.00 in the till. ( i dont work there any more so i know im safe in sharing this info with you all)
On the flip side, he did a huge amount of voucher schemes for local rescues inc rabbit/ greyhound and the local dog homes.....often a whole day would be swallowed up with voucher work, so he had to make profit elswhere....someone has to pay for the voucher schemes nothing is for nothing im afraid!!

This could lead lead us on......but ill stop now...;)

Can anyone get the vouchers? Just wondering if it might be worth getting some for the rescue bunnies? :?

Back