• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

ALWAYS CHECK THE MEDICATION LABELS! UD post 10- am I over reacting?

Dont feel silly! They are in the wrong, you had every right to say what you did!

What did you go in for? Nothing serious I hope?? :?:?

edit - yeah come in with me tomoz! :)

Dawn needs a dental- first one. Just wasn't right today, so gave him some Metacam and made an appointment. The vet things he bit his tongue or something this morning because he looks in good condition (i.e. not lost weight, guts feel fine, no drooling, still shoving in hay, etc). Booked in for Wednesday, but if he is rough tomorrow to take him with the fosters and he will get him operated on tomorrow instead.

Cool, you'll have to think what you want me to do (i.e. ask questions, just observe and remember what he says, etc).

im really shocked they did that :shock: our vets have people check each other and pearls medication was mixed by the vet or the exotics vet nurse themselves.

thank all gods you checked, dont bear thinking about what could of happened. i hope his staff get a thorough bollocking for being so negligent :evil::evil::evil:

Dawn needs a dental- first one. Just wasn't right today, so gave him some Metacam and made an appointment. The vet things he bit his tongue or something this morning because he looks in good condition (i.e. not lost weight, guts feel fine, no drooling, still shoving in hay, etc). Booked in for Wednesday, but if he is rough tomorrow to take him with the fosters and he will get him operated on tomorrow instead.

Cool, you'll have to think what you want me to do (i.e. ask questions, just observe and remember what he says, etc).

Poor Dawn! I know how it feels to bite your tounge I seem to do it often! :roll: Hurts!! :cry:

What my aim is is to get an idea of how bad his spurs are as to whether he needs dental soon. Ideally would have been good to know if there is any difference from the last time they were looked at or ideally under GA but I dont know who operated on him. It would be good to know if the change in his diet and increase in hay etc has made a difference. And I would generally like charles to go over him, kind of like an MOT! :lol:

So if I dont ask the correct questions then please help! :D

im really shocked they did that :shock: our vets have people check each other and pearls medication was mixed by the vet or the exotics vet nurse themselves.

thank all gods you checked, dont bear thinking about what could of happened. i hope his staff get a thorough bollocking for being so negligent :evil::evil::evil:

I hope so too. I was hoping to get the procedure changed or adjusted or something to ensure it doesn't happen again. Doesn't look like it will happen, and if it does, I won't know about it.

Poor Dawn! I know how it feels to bite your tounge I seem to do it often! :roll: Hurts!! :cry:

What my aim is is to get an idea of how bad his spurs are as to whether he needs dental soon. Ideally would have been good to know if there is any difference from the last time they were looked at or ideally under GA but I dont know who operated on him. It would be good to know if the change in his diet and increase in hay etc has made a difference. And I would generally like charles to go over him, kind of like an MOT! :lol:

So if I dont ask the correct questions then please help! :D

I suspect my vet didn't operate on him because Pip was done on a Thursday and my vet operates on a Wednesday. He can do Tuesdays and Thursdays but he's not down to do it.

Hopefully he will be able to give you a good idea of what is going on in his mouth though.

I ask a lot of questions :lol: so I apologise in advance if I ask out of turn. Just tell me to shut up. :lol:

I suspect my vet didn't operate on him because Pip was done on a Thursday and my vet operates on a Wednesday. He can do Tuesdays and Thursdays but he's not down to do it.

Hopefully he will be able to give you a good idea of what is going on in his mouth though.

I ask a lot of questions :lol: so I apologise in advance if I ask out of turn. Just tell me to shut up. :lol:

Dont worry, I shall learn from you! :D

Back