• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Alvin & Holly - bit of a nightmare but they are home :D

People really are lovely.

Sometimes people withdraw into themselves and that's not healthy at all. Its good you can come here and talk about how you feel :) If you feel its not enough, or you need more, there is always the option of http://www.bluecross.org.uk/web/site/AboutUs/PetBereavement/PBSSIntro.asp

I'm also just a PM away if you need a chat.

i just seen clouds thread.. same applies for you hun... my pm box is nice and empty if you need to vent in private... we share a date now and re tied together ;)

to end my night on a smile Alvin just binkied (an alvinlazy stylee one) for his pellets, and a new box of bramble leaves from Judy arrived today. fingers crossed for no stasis in this house in the forseeable :D:D:D:D

I can't pretend to understand Alvin, or predict him.
Must be so painful for you when he runs away, especially at this time.
I'm so relieved he's got through today without stasis.

he was quite active last night, about 4am he was throwing a small hay bale about and then just before i got up he was hay eating :D

i did just find a pile of special poops but they didnt smell bad just werent eaten, i guess without pearl he now gets all the veg so ill have to try and judge how much to cut it down to, he also got quite alot of bramble leaves as well. when im back at work and hes only got hay hopefully his tummy will be ok.

no sign of stasis though :D:D

he was quite active last night, about 4am he was throwing a small hay bale about and then just before i got up he was hay eating :D

i did just find a pile of special poops but they didnt smell bad just werent eaten, i guess without pearl he now gets all the veg so ill have to try and judge how much to cut it down to, he also got quite alot of bramble leaves as well. when im back at work and hes only got hay hopefully his tummy will be ok.

no sign of stasis though :D:D

One of the things I do to stop the bacteria building up with excess ceacs, is to give tiny portions of veg 3-4 times daily so Thumps has to bulk it out with leaves/hay. I wonder if hand feeding the veg would improve Alvin's relationship with people?

Thinking of you both. xxx

One of the things I do to stop the bacteria building up with excess ceacs, is to give tiny portions of veg 3-4 times daily so Thumps has to bulk it out with leaves/hay. I wonder if hand feeding the veg would improve Alvin's relationship with people?

Thinking of you both. xxx

i could hardly see the veg today the portion was too tiny for my liking lol :shock::shock::shock: i think ive been checking his eating too much over the last two days so times when he dont usually eat (like now) i would pop up to give him a leaf, ste gave him some dandelion stuff yesterday too and on thursday i did give extra pellets :oops::oops:

im being strong now and getting him back to his usual sleeping all day routine. ill get onto sorting our relationship working when ste has gone, i dont think Alvin will ever be a human loving bunny tho, and now hes had another bunny he will never settle for second best :( just something i have to accept. i love him more for his attitude than he will ever realise :roll::lol::lol:

probably spoke too soon.. hes usually chomping at the cage at 6pm to get through to the other room. today he ate his pellets, ate some hay (no poops) and then jumped back on the carrier. i feel it in the pit of my tummy if he dont cheer up i really will be dealing with stasis :cry::cry::cry:

i dunno how to take his pain away :(

I don't know how to help his pain either.
I suppose it's just being in the same room, but not pushing it.
He can have brambles much like hay if he'll take them.
Really really hoping Alvin starts eating soon.

ive just gave him a little mushed banana treat :oops: it had fibreplex and avipro mixed in it and he bum twitched :love::love:

he has eaten a fair amount of hay and leaves and there are a few decent sized scattered poops finally, he seems to not want to leave the room altho has gone into the bedroom now. hes quite nervous too and im hoping he doesnt think im going to take him away somewhere :cry::cry:

hes too smart, he saw me take her and i bought back a dead pearl... pretty unforgivable :( if hes anything like me he wants to lick his wounds in private and me trying to bond with him right now is too soon and hes very distrustful if i hang around too long.

we will get there then ill get him a wife... happiness will be back to this house even if it isnt in the form of our Pearl :cry::cry:

I think that many things could be going on with Alvin.
I had to watch Thumper for hours, to begin to scratch the surface.
He's quite a mixture of how wild bunnies "think", & yet knows me infinitely better than I know him. So human in his personality, but so different in the things which concern him.

I only realised last night that Pearl would have "smelled wrong" - of the vets. Quite a few bunny bonds break because the partner bun smells of the vets. I've known Thumps to run away from me & hide, when I smelled strongly of dog!.

I don't know what's going on with Alvin, but it could be a bunny matter of feeling afraid & insecure cos Pearl isn't there to look out for danger too, & it's probably lots of things.

He'll have you back giving him banana again if he can manage :)

He'll have you back giving him banana again if he can manage :)

hehe maybe :shock: i did resist the urge to buy him broccoli and parsley today. :p

its a shame for him really. this last week has been the return of Ste and the dog, seperation from pearl in an attempt to get a pee sample, a vets visit to the house, pearl dying and finally my attempt to comfort him :oops:

when ste and the dog have gone i will bunny proof downstairs again and give him the option to come sit with me if he wants. or sit near me on the safety of the stairs. ive decided not to crowd him in his space and hopefully his gut will keep ticking over with the new strange but similar routine.

his eyes look sad but hes putting on a brave face :love::love:

im still not allowed to stroke him tho :roll::lol::lol: and i guess getting the gunk out of his eyes will be an act of suicide..

he is taking it better than i expected so far.. really proud of him :love::love:

i already know he needs a partner, my problem is i will be without transport after sunday and i really want to stick with hopper haven for my bunnies..

i just feel so evil, i cant make him happy and i cant walk to hopper haven itd take a week and public transport takes hours aswell.. i cant even sit with him right now and i cant provide what will make him happy and obviously i couldnt fix Pearl :cry::cry::cry::cry:

i dont know how long he needs to greive either :?:?:?

its not supposed to be this hard is it :cry::cry:

If you want to bring Alvin over while you have transport tomorrow, that would be fine Donna. I have two rather stroppy does I could try him with - one at a time of course. Actually three. None of them can ever replace Pearl of course, she was so special, but Alvin might like one of them, and goodness knows he is dominant enough to hopefully instill a little respect in the feisty girls.

They are all lops, Butterfly is a black and white butterfly marked lop about 7 months old, Bonnie is her mother, about a year old, another butterfly lop but dark brown and white, and Rose is a lovely pale grey with a tiny bit of a mane, again probably about a year old. They are all speyed and vaccinated. They have all had failed bondings in the last few months as they are feisty, which is the only reason they are still here.

I'll be here all day, you are welcome to come even if you can't get me to hear the phone, just come in round the side through the gate by the conservatory. To get a good start on the bonding late morning or early afternoon would be best.

I didn't want to rush you when you told me about Pearl, I know how much you must be missing her. She was really lucky to have had you and Alvin to love her so much and to try so hard for her.

If you would rather wait, that would be fine too.

i do think sooner rather than later will suit Alvin, worried this may be too soon though :?. im just terrified itll be like it was with Jubilee :cry::cry::cry::cry:

Ste said he has no idea whats for the best but i should trust the expert and he also agrees alvin is a little down, and not only that it would be really nice to go to work tomorrow and know someone else is worrying about Alvin and his tummy :oops::oops:

I'd give it a go donnamt.
Alvin's tummy is doing well, which was my big concern tbh.

He's been there for bonding before, so he'll remember what it's about. He'll either chose a wife bun or he won't, & he's in a safe environment.

Wishing Alvin good luck.

Back