• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Aloha from Maui!

HanaGirl

New Kit
Hi everyone, my name is Stacey and I have a 3 month old Lionhead (mix?) called BunBun. Lack of creativity and my 3.5 year old daughter, Aoife, produced the name ;)
I'm new to all things rabbit and I'm very grateful to have found such a community filled with useful information.
BunBun is our house rabbit, he spends most of the days free in our living room (lounge) and dining areas. He hasn't ventured into the kitchen yet, and it's not blocked off to him.
He's fed pellets(baby bun diet mixed with standard diet), timothy and alfalfa hay, and a salad mixed greens (usually organic). He enjoys apple slices but not much else in the range of treats and I'm at a loss as to what else to give him.
He's quite social in the morning and at night, but during the day it's quite hot so he tends to sleep on our tiled floor to keep him cool.

Maui is quite hot all the time and I hope he loses his baby fur soon. Not only is he super fluffy, I imagine it makes him warm. I sometimes put a frozen water bottle near him.

Anyway, before I go further into my own life story, lol, I just wanted to say Aloha, and I hope to be meeting all of you soon.

And if someone can give me tips on making my pics smaller so they don't over crowd my messages I'd greatly appreciate it.

Have a great day/evening (it's 9:15 pm here),
Stacey xx

Welcome to the forum! BunBun sounds very lucky :) From your profile picture, it looks like he's a full-maned lionhead... in which case, he probably won't ever lose all his fluff! Obviously he will moult with the seasons, but it's likely that he'll always be fluffy.

Aloha Stacey ! I'm fairly new on here myself so probably not much help :lol: Bunbun is very lucky to live in such a beautiful place, I have visited twice. Hope you find all the answers on here, everyone has such a wealth of knowledge and experience. Nose rub for Bunbun :wave:

Hello Stacey, I really feel it would be of more benefit if a few of us come over to actually visit Bunbun. I know hee haw about rabbits as evidenced by my continual questioning of the more intelligent board members but I'd be willing to carry the bags.
;)

Welcome to RU :wave:. It's quite normal for bunnies to snooze and rest during the day but be active early morning and late evening. They're crepuscular (sp) which means most active at dawn and dusk. Mine snooze all day on the slabs in their run and tend to come to life at about 4pm right through the night until early morning.

Welcome to the forum! BunBun sounds very lucky :) From your profile picture, it looks like he's a full-maned lionhead... in which case, he probably won't ever lose all his fluff! Obviously he will moult with the seasons, but it's likely that he'll always be fluffy.
I've read that Lionheads could lose all their "lion fur" depending on their genes. I got him from a reputable pet store and they said he'd be the size of a football. The vet technician said BunBun will be very small, not much bigger than he was at 5wks when I first got him, and the vet himself wasn't much better as he said "he'll be between this size and a football lol. All of this to say they have no idea how big he'll get.

myme7yge.jpg

He was very small when we got him. It's hard for me to guage how big he's gotten since I see him all the time ;)

Aloha Stacey ! I'm fairly new on here myself so probably not much help :lol: Bunbun is very lucky to live in such a beautiful place, I have visited twice. Hope you find all the answers on here, everyone has such a wealth of knowledge and experience. Nose rub for Bunbun :wave:
Aloha!

I've been on Maui for 7 years now, and don't ever imagine myself leaving. You are indeed lucky for having to visit twice. I used to work at the pool at the Sheraton Hotel and I loved talking to all the visitors.

Hello Stacey, I really feel it would be of more benefit if a few of us come over to actually visit Bunbun. I know hee haw about rabbits as evidenced by my continual questioning of the more intelligent board members but I'd be willing to carry the bags.
;)
Hi G-Man! I'm sure you'll have a few people taking you up on your offer to carry bags. I'm sure BunBun would love all the attention.

edu8yvut.jpg

He'll wait for you at the door, lol.

Welcome to RU :wave:. It's quite normal for bunnies to snooze and rest during the day but be active early morning and late evening. They're crepuscular (sp) which means most active at dawn and dusk. Mine snooze all day on the slabs in their run and tend to come to life at about 4pm right through the night until early morning.
Hi Mackers! :waves:
I love unwrapping BunBun and taking him out of his cage in the mornings. He tends to run a few loops around the table in the living room, with a few binkies thrown in for good measure. I usually go to bed with our daughter early so my husband has taken to keeping BunBun out while he stays up late. BunBun sits on the couch and watches TV with my husband. I seem to catch him sitting in front of the TV a lot, lol.

Welcome to the forum

Your bunny is very beautiful :love:

My family have 3 rabbits, 1 of which is a lion head (sadly i don't have any photos of him on my computer right now) and they are such lovely rabbits :D

Welcome to the forum

Your bunny is very beautiful :love:

My family have 3 rabbits, 1 of which is a lion head (sadly i don't have any photos of him on my computer right now) and they are such lovely rabbits :D
Hi rainbow_sammie!
Have you noticed a difference in the behavior of your Lionhead from your other rabbits? I've read all sorts of things about Lionhead, but mostly that they shouldn't be the first rabbit one owns (my BunBun is my first rabbit and I've never owned anything other than dogs and cats and birds and fish).
BunBun tolerates being brushed well enough - the tummy and butt being hard to brush, as well as under the chin. And he does like hanging out with my husband, like 2 men watching football, lol.

Hello and welcome! :wave:

BunBun is adorable :love:
Hi Captain Helen!

Thanks so much for the welcome.

Yes, BunBun is very lucky he's adorable at the moment cos I just noticed he ate an iPhone cord (that one was free but I can't find another charger at the moment) and he is slowly destroying the moulding around my rental AND has taken to chewing the door frames. Ugh! I'm so furious!!

Hello and welcome to RU:wave:

In my experience, lionheads tend to be a little more timid, but still quietly assured within themselves. In fact......totally enchanting.

I hope you enjoy being a member of this great forum.:thumb:

Hello and welcome to RU:wave:

In my experience, lionheads tend to be a little more timid, but still quietly assured within themselves. In fact......totally enchanting.

I hope you enjoy being a member of this great forum.:thumb:
Thanks Mrs. Bunnykins!
I think you described my BunBun very well. I think he's sort of like a cat in that he comes to me when he wants to play, and at night he seems to love sitting on the couch with my husband.
He totally tolerates me picking him up and grooming him or letting me play with him.

He is a real joy!

Back