• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Algae?

PixieRabbit

Mama Doe
For Storm and the babie's hutch they have two 600ml water bottles. But every few weeks I'm having to replace one due to algae build up. I clean the bottles regularly and give them fresh water every day. They are out of direct sunlight and in the shade. Why does it keep coming back? I'm sick of replacing the bottles :lol:

You can wash them out with tea leaves, that gets rid of the algae and is safe to use. You can also buy covers to protect them from the light.

I didn't know about the tea leaves so if I just put a tea bag in some hot water let it cool then put the bottle in? I accidentally tried cleaning it with boiling water once... :shock: :oops:

You can also put in rice and water and shake it. This will get the algae off. Best thing is a bottle brush though

If you put some raw rice in, with a little bit of water, then shake it vigorously, the rice will scrape all the algae off the inside of the bottle :)

Just empty an a teabag (use or unused) into the bottle and add some LUKE WARM water and shake around.

Don't put the actual bag in or use boiling water. :lol:

Back