• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Alfie bun- 22/1/2014

smellinor

Young Bun
I'm devastated as I had to make the decision today to put Alfie to sleep

He came home yesterday after a stay at the vets where they had been treating him for heart disease. There he was stable and we hoped with meds it could be kept stable at home. Last night his breathing only got worse and in the morning took him to the vets where they told me he his heart was beating really slowly and the breathing was just too heavy and he would only get worse.

It was the most painful and heartbreaking decision I have ever had to make, Alfie was only 3 and my first rabbit, but most definitely the best rabbit anyone could ever ask for. He loved to groom my face all over and loved to be stroked on the top of his head so much he'd go into a little trance! He loved the outdoors and would rattle the bars of his cage in the mornings for a biscuit! He was so sweet and affectionate and so full of character, just absolutely amazing.

I'm glad he is no longer suffering and that I was there when it happened to tell him I love him

Sleep tight and Binky free my baby bun xxxxxxx :love::cry:

Here are a few pics of my baby and a video to show what a funny and fantastic bunny he was

21776_175348252611911_907378740_n.jpg

68808_175348299278573_435715825_n.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_AtoG7FtzU

Oh Alfie!!

I'm so sorry. You did everything you could for him and he came home too.

Bless him. I love the egg box!!

Binky free at the Bridge. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm so sorry - it doesn't sound as though you had any choice but to have him pts. :cry:
Sleep tight Alfie bun. :cry:

He was so so handsome, I was very lucky to have him
I couldn't bear to see him suffer so as hard as it was, it was for the best :(

thankyou everyone for your kind words

Alfie I still miss you so so much, it's so hard looking out into the garden and not seeing you there and not having little chats with you
Today we gave away your hutch and outside run, to an animal charity that was very close to my aunt who died last year. She absolutely adored you and I know you would have been happy knowing they were going to a good cause to help other bunnies enjoy them as much as you did. It was so hard letting them go though, it made it more real that I wouldn't see you hop about in them enjoying the outside and playing with your eggbox

We buried you in the garden in the exact spot you loved to sit and watch the world go by. I felt silly that the day we did it, it rained so hard, I thought maybe you'd be getting wet. We buried you with your favourite toys, your biscuit treats and a couple of green beans which were your favourite. I made you a card and we all wrote in it, because we will all miss you.

My dad cried when you died, it was the first time I'd ever seen him cry, you meant a lot to him, and all of us. You were part of the family, a huge character, and it won't be the same without you.

I bought you a little memorial heart to put on your grave, but I dont want to place it yet, maybe when the weather is better and the ground has settled more. I put lavender down on it often though, you loved the lavender. It has a quote from Watership Down on it- 'My heart has joined the Thousand, for my friend stopped running today' it seemed very fitting

You were taken too soon and I still can't quite believe it. I miss you bun bun :love::cry:

Back