• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Agria's age amnesty is back

Seen quite few posts on FB today about huge hikes in Insurance Premiums.

I am glad I am now financially stable enough to have made the decision for myself and not feel forced into quitting insurance. Quite a few renewals I have had this year have been well over £200, for rabbits that hopefully have as much as 5 years left. I can't remember who's, but one jumped by £70 on renewal, it's been a steady £15 - £20 increase in previous years.

I hope not many vets are doing any surcharges. I don't know why this area is so bad, but people haven't been able to register at any other vets for about a year now. One vets posted there's a 7+ week wait on vaccinations, including puppy/kitten, so we are seeing a lot of those clients at work as there is no issue with vaccs there. A lady called yesterday with a cat struggling to breathe, lives 40 mins away, had tried the local vets but was told you had to use a vets you were registered at and cos the lady had said she'd been to my work vets 10 years ago for a free cat spay they said she can't register with them and has to come to us. But the free neutering was done under a charity scheme so the client wasn't even registered with us! We obviously saw the cat.

I was worrying about getting an appointment for Ellie pig as one of her lumps has gone scabby and I'm worried about it ulcerating, but luckily I've got her booked in on Wednesday and I trust the vets I use to be able to see me if I really needed an appt.

I wonder if population density has a lot to do with it as I am really shocked to read how hard it is to get an appointment. I am only about 25 miles away from Leeds but not had any difficulties, thankfully.

I have found, though, that when I have needed to get a bunny to the vets with stasis and the vets are fully booked, a nurse is doing the triage, then when she has the blood glucose reading and x-ray the vet gets involved.

Back