• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Advice on bringing baby bunnies in for the winter!!

jayne2710

Young Bun
Hi - can any one give me some advice please on bringing my 2, 11 week old baby sisters inside for the winter. They are currently outside in a 2 tier hutch which is covered at night by waterproof covering.
I am just thinking when it gets really cold and frosty outside would I be better to bring them in a the house. I am thinking of getting a dog crate and "converting" it into a bunny house.
Any advice greatly appreciated :)

You don't have to bring them in for the winter and a 2-tier hutch is much better than a dog crate. Having said that it really depends on what kind of accommodation as well as the dog crate you can offer them and whether there are dogs and/or cats ariound inside which might frighten them. If you like the home quite warm this might not be good for bunnies, and once they are inside you shouldn't put them back outside until the weather warms up, so they shouldn't go and "play" outside as the difference in temperature could cause respiratory problems. :D

Back