• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Advice needed please re: landlord inspection & what to do with my bunnies

when I had an inspection at our rented flat about a month ago my boy bunny decided he hadn't marked his territory for a while.....poop all over the shop. when the inspector commented on this I explained he was stressed as a stranger was in the house and my bunny was letting the inspector know that this was his home . that this was not what it was normally like. he asked loads of questions but all is well.

Haha! That photo looks like they're saying 'look mummy, we can be perfectly well behaved bunnehs'

So cute! :love:

when I had an inspection at our rented flat about a month ago my boy bunny decided he hadn't marked his territory for a while.....poop all over the shop. when the inspector commented on this I explained he was stressed as a stranger was in the house and my bunny was letting the inspector know that this was his home . that this was not what it was normally like. he asked loads of questions but all is well.

:lol: naughty bunny. I am half expecting ours would have a nice poo on the carpet relapse so still intending to hide them in carriers around the garden. Poor Boo, it's her birthday today & not only will she have been deprived of garden time for 3 weeks but she will be able to smell & see it from her mini prison. Ah well, if she'd been nicer to Mouse earlier on ...

The very day I brought Blossom home from the sanctuary to start bonding last summer my landlord phoned to say she had organised three viewings that evening, I ended up with four bunnies in carriers, a cat in each bedroom, a dog on the sofa barking at everyone who came up the drive and a chicken who was not impressed at being put in a run and was giving off buckets!! Must have looked like a mad house; but at least it was immaculate; so much so that I felt sorry for the perspective tenants, they didn't seem to have a clue that the place was under rent control because the landlord was the limit!!! The things we to preserve respectability eh?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The very day I brought Blossom home from the sanctuary to start bonding last summer my landlord phoned to say she had organised three viewings that evening, I ended up with four bunnies in carriers, a cat in each bedroom, a dog on the sofa barking at everyone who came up the drive and a chicken who was not impressed at being put in a run and was giving off buckets!! Must have looked like a mad house; but at least it was immaculate; so much so that I felt sorry for the perspective tenants, they didn't seem to have a clue that the place was under rent control because the landlord was the limit!!! The things we to preserve respectability eh?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm so glad I'm not alone with all this, 3.5 hours to go

:lol: no kidding, that was her begging for being petted - after literally 2 hours solid of it. Got the same face on now.

Not long tell us how you get on with the inspection. I've not added anything but I'm with everyone else and where it's been a case of you've notified them but it's all the technicallity of paperwork - well that's not really your fault at the end of the day.

:lol: no kidding, that was her begging for being petted - after literally 2 hours solid of it. Got the same face on now.

Not long tell us how you get on with the inspection. I've not added anything but I'm with everyone else and where it's been a case of you've notified them but it's all the technicallity of paperwork - well that's not really your fault at the end of the day.

They are off outside regardless. They are jumping on & off furniture & generally quite manic - it's normally sleep time by now. Technically I have also only been upfront about having 2 rabbits. All is clean & tidy, I intend to leave their rabbity bits & pieces around & will say they are outside if asked & will push for the contract

Yeah tht amkes more sense (I was getting a little confused about what was happening with them) and I would be the same in that case - only answer if asked and be pushing for the contract which was supposed to have been done a while back

57f3a269f8634c206059abcb27f976f9.jpg

my little charmer

Inspection went fine (with the bunnies outside). However I did feel a little too confident that the house is looking a lot better than we moved in & some decorating has been done so I did go on about the rabbits not being on the contract a little too much. She said they can go on a new contract but that means I'd be tied to staying here 6 months whereas the rolling agreement means only a months notice. Managed to get a copy of the letter they wrote to the RSPCA though so at least I have something in black & white

Inspection went fine (with the bunnies outside). However I did feel a little too confident that the house is looking a lot better than we moved in & some decorating has been done so I did go on about the rabbits not being on the contract a little too much. She said they can go on a new contract but that means I'd be tied to staying here 6 months whereas the rolling agreement means only a months notice. Managed to get a copy of the letter they wrote to the RSPCA though so at least I have something in black & white

Gosh they don't make it easy for you, do they :roll:

Gosh they don't make it easy for you, do they :roll:

No they don't - however I am relieved that its all over for 6 months . Now if I come on here around November -December time asking advice about turning a trio in to a quad PLEASE have stern words with me:lol:

No they don't - however I am relieved that its all over for 6 months . Now if I come on here around November -December time asking advice about turning a trio in to a quad PLEASE have stern words with me:lol:

:lol: I'll be picking your brains more like!

Back