• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Actual Accommodation Sizes

What is the total size for you accomodation for a PAIR of MEDIUM (2-4kg) rabbits?

• Total voters
Mine live in a permanent compound which is 20' x 12' or so. Their hutch is in the middle of the site with an A-frame for shelter and the entrance to their burrow (which is 7' deep). They have various places to shelter and hide.

They are loose from early morning until evening (just now 8.00 - 5.30, but in summer it is 8.00 - 10.00pm) They are put into their hutch at night when they get their veggies.

I think i voted 40-50sq ft. I think my room is bigger than this though.

It was difficult for me to answer because when im not home, my 2 nethies have 12sq ft in their base but when im home they have free range of my v generous room and occasionally the landing if im pottering around upstairs. On a good day they are out 80% of the time and on a very bad day theyre out 3 hours MINIMUM. Most of the time though they are out for 2 hours before i go to college and then let out mid-late afternoon until bed time.

Is this acceptable? :? I still worry!

I voted over 60sq. feet. He's a house bun, with free access to the whole house by day. When he was well, he was let out to free range a 45'x100'garden with me out with him at last x2 /day for about 1 1/2 hours total. (He doesn't want to go out much now he's not much stamina or speed)
He sleeps in the same bedroom as I do - 13'x10'.

He rapidly earned the freedom of the house by quickly learning to do his bunny behaviour like digging & making his territorial poop mound in the garden & being non destructive indoors. (he does tend to visit the bathroom when I go & contributes 1 poop to the "communal latrine"! (on the floor) :lol: )

Mine are free range all day and in Winter have a massive shed to go into at night time,not sure of the area and In Summer they have 12 foot runs with a box on the end stuffed with hey.

Outdoor pair;

1200sq feet! :shock:

They are free range from dawn to dusk, whether I am in or out, in my garden.

They have a shed to sleep in 24 sq ft but they choose to go to bed in their double hutch most of the time which is only 10 sq ft per level.

Indoor bun is free range and has access to whole house but doesn't go upstairs through choice.

I would estimate he has 220 sq ft he utilises.

:wave:

It's funny how they seem to want to be in a small space isn't it. :lol: I leave the door to my bun's room open when I'm in the house. Faline will occasionally come out but Molly will not cross the threshold of the door and if I bring him out by force he gets really stroppy.

Back