• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Actual Accommodation Sizes

What is the total size for you accomodation for a PAIR of MEDIUM (2-4kg) rabbits?

• Total voters
Mine have an outbuilding, shared with the guinea pigs. The outbuilding is 9ft x 12ft, and although there are hutches, the rabbits can get under both of them, so they do have that full space, plus they can sit on top of the guinea pigs hutch, so they have that space as well. Here's pics...its hard to get a decent photo from the angle the hutches are at.

They have 108sq. ft in the shed.

The outside doesn't look too pretty, it needs painting, but its perfect for bunnies, and very safe. The walls have since been cleaned, and the junk in front has been taken away. I'll take more photos tomorrow I think.

Bunny shed door by Niseag, on Flickr

Bunny shed door by Niseag, on Flickr

Bunny shed by Niseag, on Flickr

They do not have an attached run unfortunately, because the ground isn't suitable, but they do have a 7ft x 3ft run in the garden where there's grass.

I've answered 36-40 on the poll but in honesty 40sqft is the minimum mine have really ,all have different set ups but all have lots of space :)

When you say accommodation, would this count as where they stay overnight as mine have access to the whole garden almost everyday. So even if their accommodation didn't fit the minimum, which I think it easily does, they actually have access to plenty of space.

I have voted 50-60 sq ft as that is the size of the outside run & hutch, but they freerange indoors at night & in the cold winter daytime months which is considerably bigger :wave:

I voted 40-50 - mine have 48 sq ft and, although they are small buns, I think they still need the same space as medium buns. :thumb: :D

I did it for once we have redone the roof on part of the run - once its finished they will have access to it 24/7

soo

6 x 4 shed = 24sqft

13 x 10 run = 130sqft

all together = 154sqft

Thats for and small dutch and a dwarf lop :wave:

Well my four have 14x8ft 24/7 so thats 112 sq feet, even if i split that in half its still over 60sq feet for a pair plus they have free range time on my days off in my garden which i think roughly is 4,500 sq feet :lol: I think most people give their bunnies they best they can with the space they have :)

Mine are a bit smaller than medium but I didn't see your explanation before I voted. They are in my spare room. They do have a base which is only 14.8 sq ft. But it doesn't ever get shut, the idea was to protect the carpet where their litter tray was and to look good for any landlord visits, but they've chewed the carpets anyway. Faline can jump out of it anyway. :lol: So I measured their room, which is over 60 sq ft.

IMGP3754.jpg

I am loving how enormous some of your set-ups are, think I should have had more upper options! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Also makes me think i should increase my buns' space.....especially now i need to fill in holes they dug under the neighbours fence! :censored:

Charlee is 1.3kg and Noah is probably 3kg.

They have an 8ft x 5ft penned off area in the spare room = 40 sq ft
As well as their 6ft x 2.5ft cage = 15

= 55 sq ft.

During the day, my lot have 36 sq feet. At night, this is reduced to 5x4 but this will vary depending on the seasons (e.g. winter they come in earlier and summer they stay out a lot later).

Outdoor pair;

1200sq feet! :shock:

They are free range from dawn to dusk, whether I am in or out, in my garden.

They have a shed to sleep in 24 sq ft but they choose to go to bed in their double hutch most of the time which is only 10 sq ft per level.

Indoor bun is free range and has access to whole house but doesn't go upstairs through choice.

I would estimate he has 220 sq ft he utilises.

:wave:

When Pickles lived out in the shed he and Ginger had 48sqft to freerange in, and the aviary too on fine days. Now Pickles is inside he's confined to his 4foot cage 4 hours a day. :( He does freerange the rest of the time, including all night though.

Mine are diddy buns so I am not going to vote. They are 1kg ish.

Livingroom/kitchen - 12 x 12 ft = 144

Hall - 6 x 4 + 6 x 3 = 42

Bedroom - 15 x 12 = 180

366 feet..... or is my maths messed up?

I only have one dwarf lop buck currently(we were told he was a year old and a minixdwarf sort of size, but he was clearly younger and is now larger than your average dwarf lop), but would like to have another as soon as we get our own place. I have a 5ft6x2ft hutch, which is a base and currently shut in at night, with daytime access to approximately 30ft x 10ft, possible longer all day. Intention in our own place to put the hutch into a 6x8 shed with a 8x10 run thats roofed so they are safe and dry 24/7.

Back