• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Actual Accommodation Sizes

What is the total size for you accomodation for a PAIR of MEDIUM (2-4kg) rabbits?

• Total voters
I've done 60+ cos that's roughly what they have most of the time. Although they don't always use it *looks over at two sleeping bunnies*

:lol:

B&G spend most of the time in the crate :roll:

Or working out how to get into the space they aren't allowed in :)

I have a ten by seven ft shed. They also have a patch of grass which is about six by six so erm..... lots :lol:

:lol:

B&G spend most of the time in the crate :roll:

Or working out how to get into the space they aren't allowed in :)

Oh yeah that too. As soon as I go in mum and dad's bedroom, bam, they're there. But that room's not bunny proofed very well (the wires are tucked away and coved but they could get through that if they wanted to) so they aren't allowed in there.

Mine have half the shed for each pair. Sooo 7ftx5ft shed thats 3.5ftx5ft a pair. Ok so thats 17.5sf, then access to the run during the day which is 7.5ftx3ft which is 22.5sf. So 40sf during the day, they spend most of their time in the shed through.

Mine have 54sq ft - thats a 6x4 shed and a 6x5 run. They also have free-range time everyday. They are on the small side of medium, at 2kg and 2.5kg :wave:

Jack and Hollie have a 4x4ft shed with a 9x5ft aviary permanently attached with access to it 24/7. :)

So they have 61 square feet. x

I bascially measured the yard (and measured, and measured.... :lol:) then worked out what the biggest combination I could fit on it would be. I originally liked the kennels but decided I'd prefer them to have a 5ft deep run if possible so opted for the shed plus aviary.

They have tons of free-range time too as John's in a lot (he's retired). I have grand plans lol to add our 6x5ft-ish brick built shed to their set-up too someow and I want them to have access to a lawn run as well when I can. :wave:

(Sorry for all the edits - I think I need to cut my finger nails as they're catching all the wrong keys! :oops:)

Last edited:
I have 3 (and one is a big'un), but whether I had got my third bun or not my housing would be the same so I've voted. :)

overall it's 112 sq ft.

My minimum for a pair is 6x2x2 hutch and 6x4 run. Some are not attached so i have to move buns about to and from them. Some areas are larger as i can create whatever space i like using puppy pens 12 x 8 etc or upwards. Some have permanent runs attached. I intend all my hutches to be like this eventually.

Most of my buns are 2.5kg or less. They are quite small bunnys apart from chesnut. who is 3.5kg.

Last edited:
150ish sq ft for Pea and Pod (3-3.5kg buns) :D
63 sq ft for Flora and Parsnip (2.8kg buns) :) (mummy squeezed us into an already overcrowed garden)

I just checked the stuff i measured for Daisy's homecheck and the overall sq footage for their permanent house is 126sq ft for my pair - although since then, we've added a few extra hidey holes and a little space.

They dont get much space outside though - 4ft x 30ft (120 sq ft) - they dont like it out there - it's an alley at the back of my house, leading out from their outhouse. They get let out daily but prefer the comforts of their house.

I cant wait until the summer to get them in the garden at the front. :D I want a biiiig run.

mine have the whole room but i have no idea what the size is... i think classed as a double room if that helps :lol:

Mine have a 6 x 2 x 2 hutch with 6 x 4 run and with a 4 x 4 playhouse attached equalling 52sq ft I think... not too good with maths!

The part that they always have access to is more than 60 sqft, I think. :oops: They are in a 6ft by 8ft shed, where they have the whole floor, plus a 5ft by 2ft double storey hutch (on legs, so they can hop around underneath it and don't lose that floor space). You lose a bit of space due to the ramp, but it should still be just over 60 sqft.
That does not include their 48sqft run, which they go into during the day from spring to autumn, when I am at home and it isn't pouring with rain.

Back