• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A WARNING - Flystrike and F10 wound spray with insecticide.

It's scary how quickly it can take hold. I didn't realise they hatched so fast. I am guilty of being less vigilant in bad weather so thank you for the warning. I am glad Otis is ok, and that he showed that emergency vet his zest for life! He is a super special boy :love:

It's scary how quickly it can take hold. I didn't realise they hatched so fast.
In the warm (of the sun, bodies etc.) it can be a matter of hours. Flies are, I suppose, attracted by warmth and a bunny is warm on a cold day. They don't just come out on hot sunny days but are most active then.

You must have felt awful :( Thankyou for posting your experience! So glad to hear Otis is coming back to normal. And yes, chemical burns are always going to be worse than 'natural' wounds.

Honestly it was raining so hard I didn't think that there would be any flies about. I certainly didn't see a single one. But it does only take one fly to lay up to 200 eggs :(

Back