• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A Visitor

InspectorMorse

Wise Old Thumper
I am having work done on my garden and there is a large skip outside my house. This morning Mr Fox decided to have a breakfast feast from it, mostly the remains of the worker's McDonalds

JvfxBPg.jpg

In that case I might have to come over and pet some foxes. :love:
We had foxes living at the bottom of the garden, and there was a mum and babies that I saw all the time, but Idk what happened but I found the mum just completely dead out in the open in the garden :( I contacted a fox rescue thing and explained the situation and they said they'd give me chicks to feed them or I could get some or use dog food. I kept my distance as much as possible but they knew it was me and were so playful they'd wait every evening for their food, they grew up so pretty [emoji38] I had a lot of fancy wet dog food in at the time for my hamster who needed meds so I was feeding them that [emoji38] honestly best fox coats I've ever seen [emoji38] the biggest male still lives there and lays around the garden [emoji38] I went through so much dog food though, also fed them normal food and fish and chips, fish a few times [emoji38]

We had foxes living at the bottom of the garden, and there was a mum and babies that I saw all the time, but Idk what happened but I found the mum just completely dead out in the open in the garden :( I contacted a fox rescue thing and explained the situation and they said they'd give me chicks to feed them or I could get some or use dog food. I kept my distance as much as possible but they knew it was me and were so playful they'd wait every evening for their food, they grew up so pretty [emoji38] I had a lot of fancy wet dog food in at the time for my hamster who needed meds so I was feeding them that [emoji38] honestly best fox coats I've ever seen [emoji38] the biggest male still lives there and lays around the garden [emoji38] I went through so much dog food though, also fed them normal food and fish and chips, fish a few times [emoji38]
Oh, poor fox mum. :( That's so good that you could help her babies grow up to be pretty and healthy. They sure got some nice things to eat. :lol: I'm glad they had you to look after them. :love: That's so lovely that the biggest male fox has stayed around, too, and still visits the garden. :love: He's probably waiting for more dog food. ;):lol:

Oh, poor fox mum. :( That's so good that you could help her babies grow up to be pretty and healthy. They sure got some nice things to eat. [emoji38] I'm glad they had you to look after them. :love: That's so lovely that the biggest male fox has stayed around, too, and still visits the garden. :love: He's probably waiting for more dog food. ;)[emoji38]
Yea I took her to the vets, because she was quite big, and I didn't know what to do with the body tbh, they obviously didn't know but they said she was probably poisoned :( I was super worried about the pups eating what she might have had, so I made sure they had lots of food and fresh water twice a day. They grew up really lovely :) yea he is often lounging on the lawn [emoji38] he's not at all afraid of us [emoji38] Idk what happened to the siblings there was 4 of them in total. I was worried because of the buns, but also I couldn't just let them die. I think they were so well fed though they never bothered with the buns [emoji38]

Yea I took her to the vets, because she was quite big, and I didn't know what to do with the body tbh, they obviously didn't know but they said she was probably poisoned :( I was super worried about the pups eating what she might have had, so I made sure they had lots of food and fresh water twice a day. They grew up really lovely :) yea he is often lounging on the lawn [emoji38] he's not at all afraid of us [emoji38] Idk what happened to the siblings there was 4 of them in total. I was worried because of the buns, but also I couldn't just let them die. I think they were so well fed though they never bothered with the buns [emoji38]

I guess the 4 siblings when adult, would have had to move away from the male for territorial reasons. I don't know if they breed in their first year, but would be nice to think of the four of them with territories and families of their own now :)

I guess the 4 siblings when adult, would have had to move away from the male for territorial reasons. I don't know if they breed in their first year, but would be nice to think of the four of them with territories and families of their own now :)

Yea the lady at the wildlife place said they'd scatter when they got to a certain age, it's nice the male has claimed it as his territory though :) I'd rather him than some random fox tbh, he's very docile and friendly. Yea that'd be nice, I do hope they're all okay, they were very sweet. I didn't want them to get too used to humans because obviously not all humans are nice but they really started to expect me when they were little [emoji38]

At the vets the other day, another dog owner in the vehicle next to me came over and commented on how cute Jenna was and asked what kind of dog was she? When I told him he said what everyone does: "Aw, she looks like a little fox!"

It's a beautiful fox, Jane. Reminds me of all the lovely ones we saw in Alaska. There were quite a few in our neighborhood there, one of which took a shine to Ebon, oddly enough. My ex used to tell me how he'd stand near the door to his house and just look inside at her. :roll: They're very solitary creatures in the wild, usually.

Jane, What a lovely photo of a handsome fox.

Graciee, Well done caring for the fox babies. Seeing the male as an adult must feel awesome.

Lovely fox Jane :D I hope the skip is also the toilet so Morse doesn't roll ii it! :lol:

Aww Graciee how lovely :love: Poor vixen. My parents regularly fed the foxes when we had Nethie bun Charlie, the foxes would see if he was easy pickings and then give up after a couple of nights of looking. Charlie got so used to it (he was super chill about most things) he'd just move away from the mesh when they came close and carry on sleeping XD My mate's mum (used to live in the house by the railway bridge on the Shenfield side) used to feed the foxes as well so we knew they roamed the whole road. We had a mangy one that looked proper unwell for a few months but soon perked up :lol: There was another with a broken tail. The vixen would bring her cubs to the garden and they'd play for ages, Charlie would just be sat in the middle of the run watching them :)

Driving back the other evening from Suffolk I came via Melton Mowbray/A606 instead of risking the roadworks on the A52 and about 500yds ahead of me on one of the country road stretches a stunning fox jumped out of the long grass of the verge, all copper with a dark tail, then lingered to see how fast i was going (I actually hovered over the brake in case) and went full pelt across the road. It was awesome :D

Stunning fox Jane! What a great photo.

Graicee what a lovely experience raising the fox cubs [emoji3] So sad about the mom though [emoji22]

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

This morning my spouse saw a fox sniffing around my storage shed. It has been many years since we had one here, so I wonder where it is living. My bunnies live inside, yet a wild bunny lives under my shed.

This morning my spouse saw a fox sniffing around my storage shed. It has been many years since we had one here, so I wonder where it is living. My bunnies live inside, yet a wild bunny lives under my shed.

Almost every night at least one fox goes past our house, sometimes walking through the garden. There is a group of wild bunnies living in the field opposite, close to the hedge. Also our rabbit and chicken accommodation is outside.

Back