• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A Strange Request- Attn Rescues Especially-U/D Post 29

All will be revealed some time next week :)

I think I have an idea.
Are you looking for small adult rabbits who look like babies?

I will ask my sister for a picture of Dexter.
He was the rabbit I took from a pet shop with overgrown incisors. They stopped him eating. His brother was in the pet shop for six months (I almost took him too) and was much larger than him, so I am starting to think Dexter's growth was stunted. But he could just have been the runt. Both myself, my sister and my vet believe he is related to Grimlock, from the same breeder. They are very similar in look and hath issues. My vet also had another rabbit who looked similar with the same health issues as well. :? Grimlock is over 3kg, Dexter is a lot less. I'll find out his weight and get a picture for you. :wave:

Max is quite a little bun, I can't remember how much he weighs though. He's 2.

P1030901.jpg

P1040081.jpg

Jelly Bean's still small too but I don't have any recent photos of her.

we have titch ..1.24kg ..shes a 2 yr old Nethie ..

pics on stories and photos ... posted by pippinwarren who is fostering her .

Buckley is 1 year 2 months old, and he weighs 1.3kg

This pic shows his size quite well. My shoe size is 4.5 so you can see how he looks compared to my feet!

2012-04-17095617.jpg

And this is his face, munching

a580f706.jpg

So this is my idea.

First, the pics I have framed are the Buns who look the most Baby Bunny like, aswell as being small. Please dont anyone feel upset if your pic has not been used.

A certain chain of Pet Shops thinks that only Baby Bunnies sell. Well, given that the ideal of NO animals being sold from Pet Shops is unlikely to happen, trying to come up with a compromise might be that the Rabbits sold will be neutered and vaccinated BUT not in the way that chain of Pet Shops trialled. The Rabbits will be old enough to be neutered -ie 5-6 months. If there are some with the 'Baby Look' about them then that may meet the apparent demand.

If the Rabbits were priced as they were in the trial- £99- it may stop some impulse buys.

If they are ONLY sold in stores with a CC Vet on site maybe a co-op could be negotiated so that the neuters are done at a discount price and in return the customer is given a 'welcome pack' to CC Vets, including reminder dates for a health checks and booster vaccinations. Something to entice them in to becoming a CC client.

These Buns look Babyish to me and I thought that once the dust settles this suggestion could be made to the Head Office of 'you know where' sending the photos as an example ??

toybun1.jpg

toybun2.jpg

toybun5.jpg

toybun7.jpg

I know it's a long shot..............................

So this is my idea.

First, the pics I have framed are the Buns who look the most Baby Bunny like, aswell as being small. Please dont anyone feel upset if your pic has not been used.

A certain chain of Pet Shops thinks that only Baby Bunnies sell. Well, given that the ideal of NO animals being sold from Pet Shops is unlikely to happen, trying to come up with a compromise might be that the Rabbits sold will be neutered and vaccinated BUT not in the way that chain of Pet Shops trialled. The Rabbits will be old enough to be neutered -ie 5-6 months. If there are some with the 'Baby Look' about them then that may meet the apparent demand.

If the Rabbits were priced as they were in the trial- £99- it may stop some impulse buys.

If they are ONLY sold in stores with a CC Vet on site maybe a co-op could be negotiated so that the neuters are done at a discount price and in return the customer is given a 'welcome pack' to CC Vets, including reminder dates for a health checks and booster vaccinations. Something to entice them in to becoming a CC client.

These Buns look Babyish to me and I thought that once the dust settles this suggestion could be made to the Head Office of 'you know where' sending the photos as an example ??

toybun1.jpg

toybun2.jpg

toybun5.jpg

toybun7.jpg

I know it's a long shot..............................

I think it's a very good idea :)

Personally I think that's a brilliant idea. Not sure how much they'd be willing to listen though. I'm sure my Pearl would be a willing participant in any photo shoots. Although, getting ahead of myself here, she is a cashmere x bun and an absolute nightmare fur-wise to look after. So although I agree that she's scrummy I definitely would not recommend her breed to anyone!

Good on you though for thinking of something positive and constructive to do though. :thumb:

I think its a fantastic idea Jane.

The rabbits need not even be adult, 15 weeks old for males and 18 weeks for females would be ample, to allow 2 weeks for healing post neuter. My Annabelle is too big to be what you're looking for pics of, she was 1.75kg at 6 months, more now, but she still looked like a baby when I got her at 18 weeks:

SAM_0917.jpg

Standard rexes at 13 weeks:

IMG-20110622-00053.jpg

Great idea :thumb::thumb:

See, I know Sox 7 months, but I think he looks like a baby. I think most buns have that baby look until their first moult, or first birthday. Eddie was 6 months when we got him, still a baby in my eyes, but the Garden Centre thought he was 'too old'. :roll::roll:

Back