• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

a safe cleaner for rabbit urine

Lord Trellis

Mama Doe
The baby bunnies have been kicking up a pong by peeing all over the floor because they don't know how to use the litter tray and my neighbor keeps spraying his strong air freshener outside my door which comes in and isn't good for my birds. I have been using vinegar and water daily to clean up the bunny urine, the urine also gets into there paws. I need a solution that is safe both for my birds and bunnies to keep the area a bit more smell free and a bit cleaner.

Any ideas?

The baby bunnies have been kicking up a pong by peeing all over the floor because they don't know how to use the litter tray and my neighbor keeps spraying his strong air freshener outside my door which comes in and isn't good for my birds. I have been using vinegar and water daily to clean up the bunny urine, the urine also gets into there paws. I need a solution that is safe both for my birds and bunnies to keep the area a bit more smell free and a bit cleaner.

Any ideas?
White wine vinegar for sure mixed with water but I suggest you use a substrate which absorbs the wee to stop them getting it on their feet and works for odour control.

Fitch is on amazon and works well

Carefresh is more pricey but again similar product and works.

Lemme check which I ordered last because it was different to those two and I really like it!
SMALL PET SELECT Unbleached White Paper Bedding, 178 L https://amzn.eu/d/dSIPM3j
This is what I used last, I really like it.

There's also Aubiose and megazorb!

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Vinegar should neutralise smells pretty well, but I second carefresh and megazorb, have used both and they are really good at absorbing smells. You could also try lining the floor with something like puppy pads so that you can change them quickly before they smell.

Back