• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A Rex Aged 8+ Years ?

Thats ok :) I think he was only at the rescue for about a month before he was rehomed.

Yeah he went really quickly, which was lovely, especially due to his age. But then again, he is soooo handsome, its hardly a wonder he was snapped up quickly.

My friend has a mini rex lynx (my Peters dad) who has just gone 10!!!
He is very wrinkly now bless him but is still very active!! :D

I know a beautiful rex, Cedric, who I think is 6/7 years old. (He was an ex show rex...put into a rescue, so has his bling.

What's Morse crossed with? He truly is stunning! (as was Jack) :love::love:

We have two 6 year old rex does so ask me in a couple of years - they will be staying with us for their retirement.

When I first joined RU I was shocked when I read about the problems Rexes had, especially gut related problems. Kellogg never had a gut problem in his whole life. He could and would literally eat anything, and my problem was keeping him away from potential 'snacks'. However, he did suffer from sore hocks and moulted in a way very similar to your beautiful Zac :)

Rexes with gut problems:shock: We call them greedy rexes cos they eat everything and never suffer any consequences. Must be a different strain........or maybe it is the A&P?

Although the rex stray we had in on Sat is turning his nose up at at A&P, but only for now. Vee haf our vays of making dem eat gut fut.

My beautiful Magpie Rex lived to just under 10 and sadly passed away this year. She had no health problems except for the last 6 months when she developed snuffles and recurrent eye infections.

Agree that Rexes are very greedy - my current 2 will pinch food out of each others mouths when eating. They will even try to rob hay from each other when there is two trays full of it.

My beautiful Magpie Rex lived to just under 10 and sadly passed away this year. She had no health problems except for the last 6 months when she developed snuffles and recurrent eye infections.

Agree that Rexes are very greedy - my current 2 will pinch food out of each others mouths when eating. They will even try to rob hay from each other when there is two trays full of it.

So far Magpie was the oldest Rex I have ever heard of :)
Do you have any piccies of her that we could see ?

Currently on holiday, sheltering from the sun, so cant access my pictures.

Will post a picture of my lovely Magpie Rex, called Pebbles, when I return at the weekend.

Hoping to get my current 2 Rexes to their teens.

hello

Have returned from holidays, so here is a photo of Pebbles who sadly passed away peacefully this year after outliving her friend, a lovely little cross-bred. She lived outside most of her life but moved inside for her last winter to have lots of TLC and loved her heat pad, throwing a strop when I took it away to reheat.

As she was around before the digital camera age, the only photos I have of her is when she is an old lady.

She had a lump on her left side but the vet said she was too old to treat and it didn't seem to bother her.

CIMG1008b.jpg

hello

Have returned from holidays, so here is a photo of Pebbles who sadly passed away peacefully this year after outliving her friend, a lovely little cross-bred. She lived outside most of her life but moved inside for her last winter to have lots of TLC and loved her heat pad, throwing a strop when I took it away to reheat.

As she was around before the digital camera age, the only photos I have of her is when she is an old lady.

She had a lump on her left side but the vet said she was too old to treat and it didn't seem to bother her.

CIMG1008b.jpg

Oh she was absolutely beautiful :love: :love:

I am sure you must really miss her :cry:

I still miss her lots - as well as her good looks, she had a strong personality which I loved. I'm grateful that she lived such a long time and learnt alot from her and her husbun (who was a rescue).

I thought about getting another Magpie Rex as I had a strong bond with her but with so many in lovely rabbits in rescue centres needing a home, I wanted to give a rescue a second chance which I have absolutely no regrets about.

I still miss her lots - as well as her good looks, she had a strong personality which I loved. I'm grateful that she lived such a long time and learnt alot from her and her husbun (who was a rescue).

I thought about getting another Magpie Rex as I had a strong bond with her but with so many in lovely rabbits in rescue centres needing a home, I wanted to give a rescue a second chance which I have absolutely no regrets about.

Are those your Rescue Rexes in your avatar ?

Back