• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A recommendation: Silver backed beach mats- Pics post 16. UD post 28

I wonder if I could tape these over my windows to keep my house cool?

Looks like an amazon job though, I'm about as far from the seaside as it is possible to be!

I managed to get 2 silver backed car windscreen sun shields from a car boot sale for £1.50 a few weeks ago :shock: I've pinned them to the shed roof and they seem to have made a slight difference. Maybe they would be an option for those who can't get hold of the beach mats (which was what I was originally looking for!)? :D

I've been using mine in layers. I have the bottom layer of the beach mats, silver side up, then the layer of corrugated plastic to weather proof (this is for my non walkinable ones), and then another layer of the beach mats with the silver side upwards, and I find that the bottom layers of the beachmats remains very cool, even if the very hot and sunny weather.

Silver backed car sun shields work just as well, I'm sure :D

Back