• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

playhouse conversion U/D Girls Move In!!

Gosh thats amazing! :shock: Cant believe how well it looks (Looks so fun in there :oops:) The girls are going to LOVE it!!! Cant believe you only paid £2.50 for the bunny tunnels :shock: :shock: Thats a right bargain! Im so excited for these girlies, theyre going to have such a good home :D xXx

Gosh thats amazing! :shock: Cant believe how well it looks (Looks so fun in there :oops:) The girls are going to LOVE it!!! Cant believe you only paid £2.50 for the bunny tunnels :shock: :shock: Thats a right bargain! Im so excited for these girlies, theyre going to have such a good home :D xXx

thanks, glad you like it, really hope they do too. having bought all the toys and stuff for them i am now worried there isnt enough "running around" space??? but i did plan to leave out the toys when they are on the grass, just put in a tunnel for shade, so they can just run around and mow - does that sound ok?

thanks, glad you like it, really hope they do too. having bought all the toys and stuff for them i am now worried there isnt enough "running around" space??? but i did plan to leave out the toys when they are on the grass, just put in a tunnel for shade, so they can just run around and mow - does that sound ok?

Yeah that sounds fine :) When theyre in the run here i just put the snugglesafe tunnel in, they sleep in there :roll: :oops: Im sure they will soon rearrange the toys etc when they arrive :lol: Ive learnt my lesson with arranging things nicely in the bunny cages :lol: You must have spent soooo much money on all their toys! Mind you, ive got it all coming as we are in the process of a shed conversion, you'll see next weekend :D xXx

That officially is nicer than my house! I laughed when you said the home check person loved the shed. Can you imagine them not liking it????:lol: "hhhmmm, it's good and all, but ....". Sheesh! they were probably bowled over!

I really love it, and I can't wait to see pics of the buns in their new house. I think the igloo looks big enough, and i love the bed by the window, I think they'll enjoy looking out.

I know what you mean about thinking their house is crowded. But I think just wait til they get in there and see how they maneuver the shed, and make adjustments as needed. Buns like to burrow and have stuff to hide in so I bet they'll love it.

You must have spent soooo much money on all their toys!

SHHHHHH!! we dont talk about spending money on toys! actually it wasnt too bad, i am a bit of a bargain hunter so apart from the tunnels as mentioned before, the carrier is the old one from my bun, the bowls were B.O.G.O.F and the new bigger carrier was in the sale, as was the dog bed. The shelter was free too so i think all in i spent about £70 inc the carrier, so not too bad. and hopefully most of it will last a good while....

Yeah i think they will probably do a bit of remodelling/rearranging of their own, and why not, its their house!! Still need to get those mesh things for the corners so that they don't eat their way out! and research better catches....

Your bunny house is brilliant! Very similar in size to what I want to do in the new year. My mum has been a bit skeptical and thinks I'm going to a lot of trouble for 'just a rabbit', but I showed her the pictures of your set up today and she can now envision what I mean. So thanks for the detailed photos as it's given me a lot of ideas.

Can't wait to see your new arrivals!

p.s. I love the carrot patterend bowls - where did you get them from if you don't mind me asking?

SHHHHHH!! we dont talk about spending money on toys! actually it wasnt too bad, i am a bit of a bargain hunter so apart from the tunnels as mentioned before, the carrier is the old one from my bun, the bowls were B.O.G.O.F and the new bigger carrier was in the sale, as was the dog bed. The shelter was free too so i think all in i spent about £70 inc the carrier, so not too bad. and hopefully most of it will last a good while....

Yeah i think they will probably do a bit of remodelling/rearranging of their own, and why not, its their house!! Still need to get those mesh things for the corners so that they don't eat their way out! and research better catches....

:shock: How lucky!?!? I tend to buy things, go back to the following week to see theyre reduced :roll: Its typical! Love the bowls though, saw them in p@h but thought £3.49 was a bit steep considering i tend to drop things alot :roll: I need to get some more snugglesafe warrens for the buns, think i might have to hire you to go shopping for me :lol: :lol:

ashamed to say bowls were in p@H but i didnt buy anything in there until i had checked how the animals were kept and they all seemed clean and healthy at least, which is better than nothing, and in nice big pens. the staff seemed to know what they were doing too and very heaviyl recommended getting pairs and buying the thistle hall or larger so thats pretty good. wish they made bigger runs for them tho.

likewise, my family think its a lot of time/space/money/effort for "just some rabbits" but i think they forget how much our old bun Charlie had in the way of space and company as she was free range in the garden and house and had my dad there all day as he works from home. and if it educates one more person about how much space they need then all the better!

glad you liked the pics and that they helped. if you have any questions let me know. i put some pics of the set up on facebook too and lots of friends have commented on how big it is and i explained the basic requirements for bunnies and they were quite surprised so i am doing my bit for bunny welfare!

I need to get some more snugglesafe warrens for the buns, think i might have to hire you to go shopping for me :lol: :lol:

send me your list, if you can pay postage i'll do it in a heartbeat! (or bring it with me on saturday???)

A few pictures of the girls in their new home! they are settling in very well and only took about half an hour to work out how to get to the middle shelf! i havent seen them on the top shelf yet but i know they have been up there because the igloo has moved!

Here is Indi (previously called Daisy) sitting on the hay box/step
P1090172.jpg

Indi in the straw bed, which she loves to eat!
P1090208.jpg

The girls exploring just after i got them home
P1090165.jpg

Investigating the catflap - not yet worked out how to use it but trying
P1090174.jpg

Phoenix (previously called Jasmine) having a wash. She is a bit more shy but she really loves the tunnel and using me as a step!
P1090207.jpg

P1090190.jpg

Indi enjoying her bed and looking out of the window
P1090209.jpg

Indi on the other house/step
P1090189.jpg

More pictures when they work out how to use the catflap and get outside into the run!

Aww :love: :love: They look so happy! Hope they havent eaten you out of house and home yet :lol: Sending lots of hugs for the bunny girls xXx

They look like very happy bunnies with all that space, where is Albany Pet shop? that ru n looks really good was it expensive if you dont mind me asking? i really want a nice run for my bun

molly2.jpg
benjy.jpg
merlin2.jpg
rubybath.jpg

Albany Pets is in Ongar, Essex but they also sell on eBay. The run costs about £80 straight up but they have loads of auctions on ebay and i got mine for about £55. Its really good, ready to go straight out of the box, folds easily and very light to carry around. the mesh is inside a double frame so very strong. hatch in the roof is also quite handy. i like the foldback roof because then i can sit in the run :lol: while the girls climb all over me!

I wanted that playhouse. It was £134 on one website but by payday it had gone up to £349?! Very lucky buns.

Wow Great set up! Can't believe you got them tunnels for £2.50 what a bargain! ive got one at the moment but want another the buns love them! xx

Back