• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A recommendation: Silver backed beach mats- Pics post 16. UD post 28

I bet they probably would. Certainly worth a try!

I'm on the case :D

ETA - perfect fit! Plus the little elastic straps at either end are ideal for pulling it taught & securing it into place :D Both bunnies also have a house brick (which has been in a hot oven for 30 mins) under their water bowls.

Last edited:
Just thought it might interest you to know that its -2 here and theres no sign of any freezing at all.

I'm on the case :D

ETA - perfect fit! Plus the little elastic straps at either end are ideal for pulling it taught & securing it into place :D Both bunnies also have a house brick (which has been in a hot oven for 30 mins) under their water bowls.

That's awesome. Hows your water looking?

Very similar but much thicker and a HUGE roll is the metallic padded insulation you get for lofts etc. We got a huge roll from B&Q for £75 but you can get smaller rolls. We used it in the roof and insulating the new utility room we built, but with the off cuts we've used it for wrapping around the free standing fish tub in the garden and i've used small pieces for kneeling on the lawn whilst working outside - to stop the cold! It just cuts with scissors as small as you want so you could either wrap the whole hutch up in it, or cut a little piece and wrap it like a collar around water bowls (like we've done around the fish tank outside).

You can also get bubble wrap - big 30 metre roll from B&Q for £15 or greenhousedirect I think - equally insulating. :D:wave:

Sadly it was frozen solid this morning :( It was at least -8 last night though :shock:

:shock: Woah, that's cold. We had -4.5 when I went out last night, and two bowls were fine and two had some slushy ice on the top.

I bet at -8 mine would freeze too.

Just wanted to bump this up. Its now the time of year that people are going to the seaside and it could be a perfect opportunity to get these.

Also, I have discovered, if you put the shiny side outwards, then it reflects the heat. I opened Sandy and Roger's run this morning and a lovely rush of cold air came out, so as well as keeping them warm in the winter, it can help keep them cool in the summer.

Yes, thanks for the reminder, I meant to remember to get some but forgot but will look out for some now.

I'm busy making an avairy with a clear plastic roof, some of these mats underneath the roof would be perfect for the hot weather.

any ideas who is selling them now?Any chain stores for example?

Nope, normally they just sell them at the here today gone tomorrow seaside shops, but I don't mind getting you some if you want me to (we go quite often) and give them to you when I next see you? (was hoping to maybe invite you down in a couple of weeks to see a certain couple of bunnies).

Nope, normally they just sell them at the here today gone tomorrow seaside shops, but I don't mind getting you some if you want me to (we go quite often) and give them to you when I next see you? (was hoping to maybe invite you down in a couple of weeks to see a certain couple of bunnies).

Thanks for the offer but I will take at look when I venture out from my sanctuary this weekend, will look in Cromer but may ask you if I don't find any.
Did you mean invite for me to you or you to me?
Not sure which bunnies you meant but either would be good.Thanks.

:wave:

Thanks for the offer but I will take at look when I venture out from my sanctuary this weekend, will look in Cromer but may ask you if I don't find any.
Did you mean invite for me to you or you to me?
Not sure which bunnies you meant but either would be good.Thanks.

:wave:

:lol: You to me. I wouldn't invite myself to someones house that blatantly. Would be lovely for you to come and see how much SwishWish and FlameyFace have changed recently.

You could also try checking out pound shops, they may have smaller ones on sale :wave:

Those silver car windscreen shields work just as well. I brought mine in a supermarket in France but am on the look out for some more this year! I bet Halfords sell them but they will be much more than the 1 euro I paid for them in France!

Great idea! I didnt see this thread originally..... Im going to see if I can get one for my outdoor bun to keep her hutch a bit cooler! :) Thanks!

Back