• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A&P pellet expiry?

Alfster

New Kit
Can anyone who uses A&P 20kg bags do me a big favour and tell me how long they last before going off / expiring?

I'm about to do an online order for some but the place only does 20kg bags and as I only have two bunnies, I don't want to end up using only 1kg before it goes off. :)

Hmm i bought a bag friday, and the expiry date is 13th may 2009 :)

I store it in an air tight container too, so it stays fresh :) xXx

Yep, it probably still works out cheaper, even though you'll have a fair bit left over. You could always donate the food your not going to be using to your local rescue, saves throwing it away :)

Remember to change their diet gradually over 10 - 14 days ;) xXx

I bought a bag of A&P before xmas and i cant remember the BBD :shock::shock::shock: :oops::oops: I normally write it on my calender but didnt this time!! I remember its in Feb sometime but cant remember if it was beginning or end of Feb!

Should it be ok to give till the end of Feb??

I didnt realise it has such a short date! I only have 2 bunnies and it comes in such big bags im never gonna get through all mine!

Does anyone know wat happens to it if u use it past the sell-by? I dont even know when mine goes out so will using it for a gd few months yet.

It's just thought that the nutritional value of the pellet could be slightly reduced if it goes over the use by/best before. It doesn't have any preservatives unlike most of the other pellets.

I bought a bag of A&P before xmas and i cant remember the BBD :shock::shock::shock: :oops::oops: I normally write it on my calender but didnt this time!! I remember its in Feb sometime but cant remember if it was beginning or end of Feb!

Should it be ok to give till the end of Feb??

"Best Before" date doesn't mean that the pellets are bad after that, it just means that the vitamin/mineral/nutrition contents is not guaranteed anymore after that date. So I personally would have no problem continue feeding it for another couple of months after the "Best Before" date (unless of course you can visually see that the pellets have gone off, which is very unlikely unless they got damp somehow).

Vera

"Best Before" date doesn't mean that the pellets are bad after that, it just means that the vitamin/mineral/nutrition contents is not guaranteed anymore after that date. So I personally would have no problem continue feeding it for another couple of months after the "Best Before" date (unless of course you can visually see that the pellets have gone off, which is very unlikely unless they got damp somehow).

Vera

Thanks ive got enough till end of Feb so will just use them till then! They are in and air tight container so shouldnt go off!

Thanks again :D:wave:

Back