• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A Girl called Trevor has a big day tomorrow - pic p17/ bad news p23

There are very few buns as exceptional as Trevor. I wish her the best of luck and that one day she runs and binkies with all the big buns!

Completely gutted :cry: Not good news at all.

From the x-rays taken Juliet could see that some of Trevor's vertebra spacing were too far apart which would have been caused by being kicked. Also a lot of the movement she has in her back legs are normal reflexes for a severe spinal injury not any improvement in her ability :( On top of that she has a urinary infection due to not being able to move properly.

Juliet seems to think that despite being happy she does not have a quality of life :cry: as the chances of her ever regaining the use of her legs is unlikely and risk of flystrike is too high.:cry:

Her view is to give her a few more weeks to see if there is an improvement and then we have to make a decision :?

I am so upset that Juliet doesn't want to give her longer but I have to respect her opinion even if I don't agree with it.....

Aww you never no Miracles can happen we will all pray for Trevor and hope she gets better bless her

no! :cry::cry::cry:

I personally, would be keeping Trevor alive until her happiness starts to disappear but follow what you think is best :wave:

no! :cry::cry::cry:

I personally, would be keeping Trevor alive until her happiness starts to disappear but follow what you think is best :wave:

I do understand Juliets point of view i really do and may have had the same opinion in the past but knowing Trevor and knowing bunnies generally I know she is happy!

At the end of the day it is only one vets opinion however much we like her and Trevor was at another practice and seen by more than one vet for 2 months and none of them put her to sleep!

We are thinking very carefully what to do as we do not want Trevor to suffer for a moment she doesn't deserve that but while she is enjoying life we want that to continue for as long as possible:love:

There was a miracle for Brie,Theos girl.

Hope theres one in the pipeline for this little girl too.xx

There was a miracle for Brie,Theos girl.

Hope theres one in the pipeline for this little girl too.xx

I had a look at Brie's video when she was with Tracy and tbh the way she walked at the start is the way I am hoping Trevor might improve to! If Trevor was to walk that way then Juliet said she would be happy to continue but she thinks it is unlikely :?

Been thinking of you guys all morning, so sorry it wasn't better news :( But miracles can happen. From what you've described I'd definitely say that she seems very happy and content despite everything, and as long as she remains that way, I wouldn't PTS. Sending hugs and noserubs your way xxx

Sorry to see the update isn't more positive, but I know you will make every day of Trevor's life extra-special.

Keeping up vibes that she improves against the odds. xxx

Oh I'm sorry it wasn't better news. Trevor is a darling, darling little girl and we all know, and can see, how happy and well cared for she is.
Of course take Juliet's advice into consideration but you know Trevor, and you know how she is coping and how happy she is.

:love: :love:

Hoping and praying there is a miracle around the corner for this gorgeous little girl.

I had a look at Brie's video when she was with Tracy and tbh the way she walked at the start is the way I am hoping Trevor might improve to! If Trevor was to walk that way then Juliet said she would be happy to continue but she thinks it is unlikely :?

Brie got worst before she got better there are other video's of her as she became more disabled I'll see if I can find them for you.
I would have a chat with Theo because whatever she did to pull her through worked. :D Brie was here the other day for a visit and to think that we never thought she'd get better and she now is fit and healthy and bonded is a miricle

I would go with your own instincts, Liz. You are around AGCT almost 24/7 whereas Juliet just saw her for a very short time - when she probably wasn't relaxed and happy.

The way you have described this gorgeous bun to us and from the photos there is no way AGCT wants to give up. She has found love and happiness.

Surely flystrike isn't an issue as you are with her so much? I know from my own experience how quickly eggs turn to maggots but Daisy, my Bridge Bun, survived flystrike because I caught it so early and the maggots didn't have the chance to do any damage. I work so was only able to check her every couple of hours.

My vet suggested having my Bridge Bun, Sue PTS but I knew she wasn't ready. He did later agree I had been right and is accepting of my view of Dylan, who is in the latter stages of his life.

I do respect and value a vet's opinion and, in the past, when I was unsure I allowed Tabitha (cat) to go to the Bridge, but when I feel strongly about a furry's own desire to live I will go with my gut instinct IF they do have a quality of life that is making them happy.

Like us all buns are unique. Another bun may well not have a good quality of life with what AGCT has to contend with but it sounds to me like she has adjusted to her disability and is enjoying what she can do, not worrying about what she can't, and is loving developing the bond she shares with you.

With all due respect Grimlock has a huge risk of fly strike. He has cecals stuck to his bum all the time. Quality of life isn't about the health of the rabbit it's about how the rabbit lives. It must be shocking for a vet or anyone to see her like that. But they see her struggling to move not binkying or flopping. My mum has serious spinal damage but she wants to live and so does Trevor. Get her a cart, bond her with a small bun. I don't see why she shouldn't be given a chance. Everyone told me it was hopeless with Grim and that he had no quality of life so I found a vet who could see past his ailments and see how happy and full of life he is. If you have to get your vet to come over and see how happy Trevor is.

I know I'm not there but in my opinion she wants to fight and she wants to live.

Of course I am worried about flystrike but I check her literally every 10 minutes if I suspect a fly has got in the house :oops:

She keeps herself incredibly clean all things considered, but sadly at the vets she was soaked through with wee. She was completely dry when we left home but of course widdled in her carry box on the way there

I tend to advocate pts early rather than late on the basis of pain, distress, quality of life and all the rest but having seen that video of Trev, I really don't see any reason for her to be euthanased. She looks a happy - though disabled, of course - little spirit and from what you've said (and the way she loved nose rubs on the vid) she obviously loves you. The thing is, she doesn't know what a rabbit is supposed to be capable of so just does her best with what she is.

Yes, she'll be high maintenance but you know that and l suspect you're well up for that and if she's not in pain... go Trevor... :thumb:

Back