• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A fit

Snowy1997

Young Bun
My rabbit was in the run until about 5pm on a normal night. I put her in her hutch. Then she stopped moving and then started chucking herself around the hutch. It was like she wasnt controlling herself. It looked like she was having a sort of fit. It was really scary as she is only 5 months old.

We have a boy and a girl who are seperated.
My one is the girl and she has just been neutered. She was chewing her stitches so had to have a hood. Is this the reason why or was it a one off?
Was it the Dark?
Was it the Hood?

Please help I am not sure.

I would get her to a vet ASAP.

We rung the vet and they said because she is back to normal now and there is no visual signs of it had happened, so they said there is nothing else they can do and they hope it was just a one off.

She has a hood on and didnt like it particularly because she couldnt clean herself.

Or was it the Dark?

What are your views?

I would take her to the vets to get checked over when you can. Im not sure what could have caused the fit. How long ago is it since she was neutered?? She may have an infection.

Is she on pain meds? Of not, get her on some and lose the collar. They are not healthy for bunnies.

However, I do think she needs to be kept calm and quiet tonight, at the very least, and do worry about her having not been seen by a vet.

ETA- also, she was alone in hurt hutch wasn't she?

Last edited:
poor girl, i would keep a very close eye on her tonight, why does she have a hood on? is there anyway that it could come off? can be stressful for bunnys.could it be she got a little hystrical or didnt want to go back in her hutch?

operation, pain, hood, disorinated from GA and fireworks going off ????

any way you can bring her inside, rabbits can go downhill very quickly

poor girl, i would keep a very close eye on her tonight, why does she have a hood on? is there anyway that it could come off? can be stressful for bunnys.could it be she got a little hystrical or didnt want to go back in her hutch?

She had the hood on because she was chewing her stitches.

If you saw her now you wouldnt be able to tell that that has happened to her .

There is no visual effects, but her eyes went a bit strange and different.

She has the sort of fit about 2 days ago and she was spayed about 12 days ago.

I would def get her checked by rabbit-savvy vet. if she was spayed 12 days ago, does she still need hood? Must be very disorientating to her, not being able to see properly.

doesnt sound good, i would take the hood off and just keep an eye and make sure she doesnt chew, can you keep her in a conservertry or in you house in a pen to keep a closer eye, and get her to a good RABBIT (savvy) vet as soon as possible, may need further tests and treatment :)

I would def get her checked by rabbit-savvy vet. if she was spayed 12 days ago, does she still need hood? Must be very disorientating to her, not being able to see properly.

We have taken the hood off and she has been fine since, touch wood.

She is a Dwarf Lop rabbit.

Her stitches have healed up fine and she is back to her normal self again

Back