• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A few behaviour questions - New questions.

Kerryyyy

Mama Doe
This may make me seem like a really bad bunny mummy but I have a few questions about Patchies and Milly's bond. I have been sat watching them for a while and Patchies lowers his head for Milly to groom him so I take it that means he is the dominant rabbit?? Also when I have been putting things in the crate like water and hay, Patchies will sort come forward and get in your face and Milly will hide behind him. Is this cause he is the dominant rabbit??

Last edited:
This may make me seem like a really bad bunny mummy but I have a few questions about Patchies and Milly's bond. I have been sat watching them for a while and Patchies lowers his head for Milly to groom him so I take it that means he is the dominant rabbit?? Also when I have been putting things in the crate like water and hay, Patchies will sort come forward and get in your face and Milly will hide behind him. Is this cause he is the dominant rabbit??

i am not sure but mine do it all the time but my youngest female in the group bosses around her partner and she kicks him out the litter tray when she is in it soo

Yes it sounds like he is the dominant rabbit. Though it may change with time.

When Flopsy and Tiny were first bonded, Tiny was dominant, but now they've been together over 6 months they are more equal.:wave:

Sounds bang on! Don't worry about sounding like a bad bunny mummy, you don't at all, asking questions is what the forum is for :wave:

I have a few more questions. He has nipped her a few times which to a person looks like for no reason at all. Is this quite normal?? And we also extended their area from just the 4ft crate (don't worry, they have only been kept in for a day just to help with the bond) to 8ft would we be chancing our luck at putting in some toys tomorrow??

Back