• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A distressing morning/ She is at peace now

Dumpling had another seizure this morning :(

I have seen lots of bunny fits but nothing as bad as this before, it was awful.

I honestly didn't think she would come out of it. She had her head twisted behind her back and bit herself. I had to unlock her teeth fron her skin and then she locked onto my finger until Steve found her a think fleecy blanket that we laid her on and then she was able to bite on the blanket :(

I don't know how long it went on for, seemed like forever. Steve watched with me at the start, then went to get the blanket, we settled her on it and then he went and got dressed incase we needed to get her to the vets quickly if she didn't come round herself. She was still fitting after all of this so it must have been over 5 minutes :(

It is less than a week since her last fit. I have seen her have 2 others since Christmas and they both only lasted a few seconds so this is a dramatic deterioration :(

Fidget was so distressed he kept trying to lick her :(

She seems sort of OK now considering, just a little wobbly. But she is eating OK, I let her be official taste tester for my bunny biscuits :)

I am waiting for the vet to ring me back after morning surgery to see if we can have some valium for her for when it happens again.

Dumpling is such a special bunny, and such a little Lady :love: I hate seeing her go through this :(

Awwww bless her, I would find that really upsetting, I don't like seeing humans having a fit, the whole thing renders you a bit useless till it passes and it scares me. I do hope she doesn't get any worse and hope they fade away for her, poor little girlie p/s hope your finger is alright :shock: x

Oh no Liz :cry: Poor little dumpling, i hope she has a good couple of days with you and may her passing be peaceful xxx

Thinking of you both, I'm sure she will understand.
I don't know how you are so strong for your babies, I really don't.
Hugs.
xx

Awwww bless her, I would find that really upsetting, I don't like seeing humans having a fit, the whole thing renders you a bit useless till it passes and it scares me. I do hope she doesn't get any worse and hope they fade away for her, poor little girlie p/s hope your finger is alright :shock: x

I am usually quite calm about these things as I used to work with children with severe learning difficulties and had to deal with seizures on a daily basis.

When I described it to the vet I could tell she was shocked at the severity of this one. Steve had never seen a seizure before so this wasn't a good one for him to start with :( I just tried my hardest to stop her hurting herself further :(

And for those who think I am brave and strong, honestly I'm not. I feel terrible. She looks as bright as a button this evening. I can't even look her in the eye :(

Oh I'm so sorry. I don't know what I'd do if I had to watch that. I've looked at your website and it really touched me. :)

And for those who think I am brave and strong, honestly I'm not. I feel terrible. She looks as bright as a button this evening. I can't even look her in the eye :(

You're doing what is best for her DESPITE how bad it makes you feel, that is true strength. Strength is not always feeling ok, or always being ok, its about more than that. You can feel the worst you've ever felt, and still be strong. These choices show you are strong. It's ok to feel terrible, its normal and expected because you love her so much. You're doing what you know is best for her, even though its breaking your heart. That's true strength.

Oh no I am so sorry :cry:, Poor Dumpling, you have given her a fab home and she would not of had the happiness she has had if it wasn't for you. XXXX

Dumpling has been great all day. :(

I felt terrible giving her her tea this afternoon knowing it is going to be her last proper meal.

It is going to be SO hard putting her in the carry box tomorrow when she is running around. I just hope I can go through with it :cry::cry: I keep trying to picture her rolling wround on the floor as she was yesterday to try to convince myself I am doing the right thing :cry::cry:

Dumpling has been great all day. :(

I felt terrible giving her her tea this afternoon knowing it is going to be her last proper meal.

It is going to be SO hard putting her in the carry box tomorrow when she is running around. I just hope I can go through with it :cry::cry: I keep trying to picture her rolling wround on the floor as she was yesterday to try to convince myself I am doing the right thing :cry::cry:

If it is any help we had to do the same with Trigger, our 4 year old cat, who turned out to be FIV positive. He was filling up with fluid but was quite bright in himself. The vet came out to PTS, she requested it because he was her fav and she wanted to be there ( I was really touched by that.) It was very hard and I resent it a lot but for him it was the best option, my worry was he would end up drowning in his own fluid. I know the previous owner, though she doesn't know me, and I am very angry towards her, although I know it is pointless, I can't help it. I know we did the best for him and the couple of years he had with us were his best. You must feel the same way and although I still cry about Trigger, I also know we did the best we could and he had 3 more years than his owner had planned for him - She wanted him PTS when he injured his leg and it had to be amputated ( the vets did it for free).

i am thinking of you. i had to do this when my bunny was happy and running around and it just broke my heart. At least when they are poorly you know you have to do it but it just doesn't seem right when they look and seem happy! BUT it is the right thing as you wouldn't want them to suffer a horrible death...you'd never forgive yourself...just think of the fantastic life you have given her.
sending hugs xxx

Thank you.

It means a lot to know that other people have done the same thing. It makes me realise that I am doing the right thing for her

i think your doing an amazing thing for her, she will go happy and not in the middle of some horrible fit, that could be even worse than the one you witnessed or worse fitting while your not there to get her through it.

must hurt like hell hun and im sorry your having to make such a heart wrenching decision xxxxx

Will be thinking of you, steve and little Dumpling tomorrow. The time has come though. Sending peaceful vibes for tomorrow (for all involved).
Holly x

Im thinking of you xx
I remember when i had to have Lilac pts she was still eating etc,but her breathing had got worse over a few days,She didnt seem really bad but i could tell she was fighting it :( It was a horrible disicision to make:(

Sending lots of vibes for a peaceful passing for Dumpling tomorrow. My thoughts are with you. xx

Back