• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A distressing morning/ She is at peace now

Is there any medication she could have for fits to take before a seizure?

The vet didn't think there was much we could do to help especially as it is most likely to be caused by cancer.

She said she had never heard of such a huge fit in a rabbit and it was extremely worrying that she had bitten herself. If it happens again in the night when I'm not there I hate to think of the damage she could do to herself. I had to physically hold her head back to stop it happening :( Also during the fit last week which was only short I found her ridgid head down in her water bowl. I thought she was dead. If I hadn't found her so quickly she would have drowned.

I have spoken to Steve and he thinks we need to do what the vet suggested :(

I have booked her in to be pts first thing Saturday morning. This is going to be extremely tough because she is so lively and eating fine. She does have other small symptoms but nothing to spoil her quality of life too much. But it would be cruel to leave her to go through another seizure like the past one. I just hope she understands whan the time comes :cry::cry:

How horrible Liz, I don't know how you do it. Hopefully the vet can give her something that will help and that you know you can give her when it happens again.

xxx

How sad for you and Dumpling
Don't feel guilty about taking vets advice re PTS, it will be so much calmer for the bunny than dying during a seizure..
Hugs to you both xx

How sad for you and Dumpling
Don't feel guilty about taking vets advice re PTS, it will be so much calmer for the bunny than dying during a seizure..
Hugs to you both xx

Thank you

Thats very true. It was truly awful and she did seem very aware of her distress, but that may just be me imagining things.:?

It is just going to be so hard, It took me 10 minutes to catch the little madam to put her back in her cage earlier, although she wasn't running in a straight line but she was going fast enough.

People always say the bunny will let you know when they are ready and the light will go from their eyes but sometimes the bunny doesn't know what is best for them and the decision is entirely yours to stop any future suffering and thats when it gets really hard :(:(

so sorry to hear this liz, it must be so hard. in the end you really do have to think about whats fair on them and i'm sure she's had the best quality of life with you.

So sorry to hear about Dumpling. I have just read where she came from originally. She has had a wonderful life with you.

I'm so sorry. It's always a heartbreaking decision to have to make but especially when there are times that they're ok.

For what it's worth I would do the same in you shoes x

Will be thinking of you all on saturday.

People always say the bunny will let you know when they are ready and the light will go from their eyes but sometimes the bunny doesn't know what is best for them and the decision is entirely yours to stop any future suffering and thats when it gets really hard :(:(

So sorry to hear about Dumpling

This is very true, but sometimes its kinder to send them on before this happens, so they know nothing but fun and a good life. She can have a lovely cuddle with you before and she'll know nothing about it. Think we'd all choose to go that way if we could

Thank you :)

One of the big reasons we do what we do is to give bunnies happy memories to take to the bridge, we think that is so important. So the last think we want is for her to be suffering in her final weeks. Especially as Dumpling, like many of our bunnies have, had so much suffering in their lives before they came to us :(

Poor you guys. I'm sorry Dumpling is not very well, but, given we can't change those circumstances, I'm so truly glad she is with you. Every decision you make is based on 'what is best for the bunny', and she is so lucky to be surrounded by that love. As you always say, its quality over quantity. It must break your hearts, but not hers, she is very lucky.

I hope that for the rest of today and tomorrow and until her vets appointment on Saturday, you and her can have some lovely times together to make her time the best possible and also to give you guys some lovely memories.

So sorry to hear about poor Dumpling, :cry: at least she will have a peaceful passing, it's so distressing and difficult to make these decisions, but with the frequency & severity rapidly increasing, it leaves you with little choice. Big hugs to you all,

XX

Oh Liz :cry: Im so sorry. Poor little Dumpling. I agree with others, it will be much better for her passing peacefully rather than during another bad seizure :cry:

Give Dumpling nose rubs from me, i will be thinking of you, Steve, Dumpling and little Fidget tomorrow :cry::cry: xXx

How sad :cry: You and Steve are such brave people making these decisions. Little Dumpling has had a wonderful time with you and she will feel loved until the end - she will take some very happy memories to the bridge. Will be thinking of you all on Saturday x

Back