• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A Challange for You All

I made some toys which the rabbits enjoyed

IMAG0011.jpg

IMAG0010.jpg

I have written a 3-page letter to Dobbies Garden World today, on the basis of a recent visit to their Nuneaton store, where not only are they selling baby rabbits on sawdust in glass enclosures, with nowhere to hide, but they are also selling very small hutches, for instance their medium single hutch measures 3’11” x 1’10” x 2’3”...goodness knows what they would call a small hutch.

They also have some misinformation on their online Rabbit Care Guide, if anyone wants to view it and write to them it can be found here. http://www.dobbies.com/Advice/PetCare/Rabbits/C For instance they say that a 4ft hutch is a good size for an average rabbit! :roll:

Here is the proof of my letters which have now been posted.

2011-08-13123053.jpg

I wore my make mine chocolate Polo out on a walk , i also went to tescos after but my dad didnt want to take a picture in there :lol:
IMG00436-20110813-1947.jpg

Last edited:
Me and Charlotte (and DemiS :) ) went to Halifax show today :) We stuck up loads of post it notes around the rabbit jumping arena and it was success! :D Loads of people stopped to read them and were talking amoungst themselves about the facts. :D I think the public learnt something. :thumb: Even when the challenge is over, at upcoming shows we think we'll continue to put them up because people do read them. :)

DSCF1325.jpg

DSCF1316.jpg

DSCF1314.jpg

DSCF1312.jpg

DSCF1311.jpg

DSCF1310.jpg

We realized we missed out the important word here but edited it as soon as we knew it was missing! Hay! My camera had died by then. :cry:
DSCF1313.jpg

Then you can see some of them here and Charlotte, Demi and Harley in the background. :)
DSCF1323.jpg

DSCF1324.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, what a fab use of post-its! I'm really impressed with your facts and where you put them, I bet all sorts of people read them just to see what all the post-its were for :lol:

I have finally got round to starting this! Firstly I emailed a pet shop in Lichfield that I went into. It had rabbits and guinea pigs housed together with no hay. I took a print screen but like an idiot forgot to copy what I actually wrote in the email, sorry! I basically covered the reasons for a correct day with lots of hay, and the problems with housing guinea pigs and rabbits together. I also complimented them on their reptile set ups because they looked good to me.

bettapets.jpg

Could I look any more of a geek? :oops: :lol:

I couldn't stop laughing when I saw the pic! :lol:

Wow, what a fab use of post-its! I'm really impressed with your facts and where you put them, I bet all sorts of people read them just to see what all the post-its were for :lol:

Thanks :D Yeah people of all ages read them. I even heard children reading them to other children :) We did take pics of people reading them but not sure whether to upload them.

Back