• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

6month old, spayed... give her a friend?

major stare

Young Bun
Hi all,

Laurie (female Lionface) is now 6months old and was spayed last month.

We would like to give her a friend but I have been told by various people that it is a good idea and others that say it isnt?.... i would like your advise and if so, how best to do it?!:?

Do it! :D Its so rewarding watching a loved up pair playing together and washing each other. There are loads of rabbits on rabbitrehome looking for homes or if you say whereabouts you are we can point you in the direction of a local rescue

Hello Major. Do/did you own a Westfield?

Agree - definitely get a companion. Introducing can be tricky and absolutely must be done somewhere that neither rabbit has been before, and often involves a few sleepness nights waiting for them to settle down. But once they are bonded they will be so much happier. Easiest way to do it is find a rescue that has an already neutered male bun to bond with her, and let them do the bonding for you...or at least start it off so you can be reasonably confident that it's going to work.

Hiya :wave:
I too have a 7month old dwarf lop, neutered beg Aug, and I am going through process of adopting a husbun for her off rabbit rehome :love: ..she looks like she needs bunny snuggles :lol: I can't wait...def thumbs up from me

Hello Major. Do/did you own a Westfield?

Agree - definitely get a companion. Introducing can be tricky and absolutely must be done somewhere that neither rabbit has been before, and often involves a few sleepness nights waiting for them to settle down. But once they are bonded they will be so much happier. Easiest way to do it is find a rescue that has an already neutered male bun to bond with her, and let them do the bonding for you...or at least start it off so you can be reasonably confident that it's going to work.

Yes, i own a 1989, narrow body Westfield with 182bhp of Yamaha R1 power:D

Thanks all for the Positive YES replies. The RSPCA today said they would take in Lauria for a week to get a pair settled:)

I didn't think there couldn't be too many major stare's out there on the internet! We sold ours last year :(

Good luck with the bonding, I don't think you'd ever have a single rabbit again after seeing a pair interact with each other :)

Back