• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

68 Lymington Bunnies - MASSIVE THANKS TO ALL WHO HELPED OR OFFERED HELP - ALL OUT

Do you you know the age of our twin girls? They look very young I was just wondering if they are even old enough to neuter?

Do you you know the age of our twin girls? They look very young I was just wondering if they are even old enough to neuter?

Found their details and they are said to be around 6mths, but I'd have to say I think they look a bit younger.

The mini lops were very mini and so too were some of the lionheads so if they are x's they may poss look a bit younger but not sure if the lady was able to remember all of them so accurately.

Last edited:
What an amazing achievement!! How wonderful to know that you have saved those 68 bunnies from that squalor and given them a chance of real happiness which all little furries deserve :D Well done everyone involved!!

If any one in Devon is considering any of these rabbits I am more than willing to pick up and drop off this weekend (3rd - 5th Sept) as I am in Weymouth, or do home checks etc Devon way.

Has the lady been able to provide info on the ages of any of the rabbits?

Plans are now in place for the next bunny run tomorrow to the Blue Cross at Burford, planning to meet Raine just west of Oxford to hand the bunnies over.

The bunnies hopefully will be well enough for it, just fed them their 'mix' as I dont want to cause anymore stress to them and change their diet just yet and they have all eaten something. by the sound of it mine are now one of very few who are eating reasonably well.

Just hope that no babies arrive between now and tomorrow.

Oooh I know the Burford branch well, my pony Peggy is from there :love::love: Hope all goes well with the transfer :)

If any one in Devon is considering any of these rabbits I am more than willing to pick up and drop off this weekend (3rd - 5th Sept) as I am in Weymouth, or do home checks etc Devon way.

Has the lady been able to provide info on the ages of any of the rabbits?

Thank you but all of the bunnies have gone been allocated to their rescues now and all have got there except the ones heading off to Burford today. The rescues where the bunnies have gone are ones that homecheck and rehome locally.

We were lucky in that the lady gave us information on each and every bunny as best she could.

One of my bunnies which was destined for Burford tofay has given birth overnight to 3 babies, sadly all of the babies were dead when I found them this morning. :(

That's so sad. Poor bun. She's had so much upheaval and stress and now she has lost her babies.

Will she still be well enough to travel?

Sending her a gentle nose rub and loads of healing vibes xxxxxx

That's so sad. Poor bun. She's had so much upheaval and stress and now she has lost her babies.

Will she still be well enough to travel?

Sending her a gentle nose rub and loads of healing vibes xxxxxx

No, neither mum will now be traveling up to Burford today, just the dads and the mum and her babies.

:cry: which girlie was it Janice?

It was one of the lighter pair that I had
21j3ndt.jpg
she is now with Helen so that she could be checked out by Ivan the vet to ensure that she is ok. The other female has stayed with me here just in case she in immenently about to deliver too.

The rest of the buns should now be at Burford and be settling into their new accomodation.

Thank you to all who have (and who continue to offer) homes for the Lymington bunnies in the immediate aftermath of the uplift on Bank Holiday Monday. I am still receiving kind offers of homes.

We now no longer need any further safe places as all of the bunnies have either gone off to big rescues for neutering, vaccinating and rehoming via the rescues' own normal methods or they are here with us here for rehoming after treatment, but in this instance will only be rehomed locally in-line with our normal rehoming policy.

Helen :D

Back