• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

6.1kg !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*THUD*

Nurse, screens please, Jane has just keeled over in shock !!!!

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Janex

:lol: :lol: :lol: I couldnt believe it either, when the people brought her round I took one look and said I had never seen a bunny that big before, we weighed her at the vets that afternoon :shock:

*THUD*

Nurse, screens please, Jane has just keeled over in shock !!!!

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Janex

I have seen a female conti that was 27lbs that a breeder near us took from another breeder who was going to pts. Unfortunately she didn't survive though, she had ulcers all over her legs :cry: .

Neil

Thats disgusting Neil :cry: So sad! Just as bad as starving them in my opinion:censored:

Giants are not fully grown until 18months.

Radar is 9kilos and 2 years old. My vet says hes perfect but mustn't put on any more weight.

Ruby is 12months old and 5.5kilos and should be longer and taller than Radar once fully grown so I was told!

Thats disgusting Neil :cry: So sad! Just as bad as starving them in my opinion:censored:

Giants are not fully grown until 18months.

Radar is 9kilos and 2 years old. My vet says hes perfect but mustn't put on any more weight.

Ruby is 12months old and 5.5kilos and should be longer and taller than Radar once fully grown so I was told!

I know Lea-Anne. The breeder we took Florence from went down to the midlands somewhere to collect her and another baby to keep her lines going and came away with this huge female as well. Our breeder did all she could to get this biggun better but to no avail. While you're on can you give me an opinion? We understand Florence to be a Conti Giant but we were in a local pet shop at the weekend and they had their own Conti Giant in the store who was HUGE, at least twice the size of Florence. Below is a picture of me holding Florence on her 2nd birthday. I'm about 5'10" and 14 stone-ish, would you agree she is a conti and any idea if she is very small for one?

z003.jpg

Neil

Shes filled out Jane. I can't believe how well she is looking from when you first got her. Shes gorgeous

She looks big enough for a conti Zeus used to reach from my waist to put his paws on my shoulders when I held him. I am 5ft4". He was 8Kg at his heaviest but looked his best at about 7.5Kg.

Caz

According to Domestic Rabbit Breeds and their Histories book of standards the minimum weight for a Flemish is 5.5kgs (12Ib). Maybe she was a runt or something if she doesn't measure up. ;)

Me personally, is still a little confused as to the difference between a Flemish and a BG. As far as I am aware BG'S were created by Flemish in the Uk because the British breeders wanted the rabbit in more colours than the one standard of steel that was allowed. Soooooooo they are kind of one and the same thing....Bit like German Shepherd and Alsation maybe.... (They changed their name to alsation during the war!)...

While reading I found a white british giant is the world's record holder at 32Ibs!!!!!!!!!!!!:shock:

Hi Lea-Anne

I shall attempt to weigh ours tonight because I'm interested in their weight too. Honestly I have never seen a rabbit as big as the one in the Blackpool pet shop. Guinness World Records won't accept entries for largest rabbit anymore because people were deliberately over feeding :( !

Neil

She looks big enough to be a conti to me Neil hehe! I'm going to guess she weighs in at a good 6.5- 7kgs ;).

Females are suppose to be slightly larger than males too.

See to me , that pic of her in your sig , is Radar just a bit more girlie hehe :lol:

Back