• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

3+1=4 (Update - given up - Post 119)

love the first pic - looks like a siamese bunny almost! :lol:

so adorable though!

:lol::lol::lol:

Those two love people. I think they are missing interacting with me even though I'm here nearly all the time. I got in earlier. :oops: I miss them!

awwwwwwwwwwwwwww :love: such beautiful bunnies, im sooooooo pleased for you hun, you've worked so hard, wont be long before you can relax and enjoy having four bonded buns :love:

And easy to clean lino. :love::lol:

Having the odd chase still. Had one this morning at 3am, none since. Nutmeg is still wary of the lops sometimes. Not all the time but sometimes she seems to loose her courage. I took them for a drive this afternoon. I'm wondering now though if I'm best not to move them too much. Let them settle in the five by two and a half foot area they are in now.

Lino men are coming on Friday. So I'll be settling them in upstairs on either Saturday or Sunday. Depending on when they finish up and whether we do end up going out Saturday night or not. I'll probably spend Friday afternoon spraying some vinegar around the lower walls and wardrobes and Saturday spraying the dog crate and bedposts and putting stuff back in the room.

I'm also wondering about whether to put them up there in an enclosed area or not. I could set up a pen around their dog crate but if they fight in the dog crate that will make it harder for me to break them up. I'm trying to think of the worst case scenario. :oops:

Another update.

Chasing has virtually stopped. There was a tiny chase early this morning but it was nothing really. Nutmeg is starting to flop closer to the lops. I think she just needs time to get comfortable with them.

I think I know what I'm going to do upstairs. I think I'm going to put in the dog crate without the shelf and block off my bed so they have half of the room. That gives Dad some time to sort me out a new shelf as I'd like the shelf to not have a hole for the ladder and just have a ladder on the outside, not the inside. Gives more room and I dunno why I didn't do that first time round!

Last edited:
I just have to share this, Nutmeg just flopped next to Mischa and earlier she flopped next to Mini. She's definitely settling with them. I didn't photograph them cos I'll need to use the flash through the bars which doesn't work very well but this is from earlier.

_IGP8305-vi.jpg

OK, I HAD to take this. The fallout was them all getting up and then later a small bit of chasing but it's so cute...

_IGP8314-vi.jpg

Awww well done!!! They look lovely together!!

I love groups of bunnies.. but I dont think I will try my two pairs together!!

They are still getting on. Nutmeg is getting used to them being close to her now and sometimes stays put when they come up to flop by her.

Lino is down in my room now and it looks lovely. I think I'm going to pass on spraying vinegar on the walls and wardrobes now as the smell of the floor is quite strong. I just need to give their dog crate a going over tomorrow and go to Ikea tonight. I swear I've forgotten something on my Ikea list. :? Hopefully I'll remember it when I get there.

Nutmeg flopped next to Mini earlier!! :love: She's a lot more relaxed now.

They are starting to get fed up with the space now. In a bit I'm going to go wash their stuff and put it back in my room. I'm going out tonight so I'm not going to move them today, will do it tomorrow after the Grand Prix.

Stuff is back in. I finished everything today and have put them in the bedroom now, decided to do it when I got home. I feel hyper and am unlikely to sleep.

Smudge and Nutmeg are a bit skittish. We've had one furpulling episode from Mini on Nutmeg. Oh and Mini just half-heartedly lunged at Nutmeg cos she had her head down under Mini's chin. I think the lionheads just need a bit of time to calm down and get their bearings. Maybe I need to divide the room off to make the space smaller. I don't really want to because it'll cut off access to one of the trays and they need two trays really.

Stuff is back in. I finished everything today and have put them in the bedroom now, decided to do it when I got home. I feel hyper and am unlikely to sleep.

Smudge and Nutmeg are a bit skittish. We've had one furpulling episode from Mini on Nutmeg. Oh and Mini just half-heartedly lunged at Nutmeg cos she had her head down under Mini's chin. I think the lionheads just need a bit of time to calm down and get their bearings. Maybe I need to divide the room off to make the space smaller. I don't really want to because it'll cut off access to one of the trays and they need two trays really.

Awww glad they are still doing well, are you actually letting them have any kip :lol: Do you ever sleep?

Awww glad they are still doing well, are you actually letting them have any kip :lol: Do you ever sleep?

I seem to be nocturnal. :shock: With my ME my sleep pattern gets turned upside pretty much all the time. You'd think with chronic fatigue syndrome (aka ME) one would sleep easy wouldn't you, but my biggest problem is insomnia and sleep reversal! They're currently flopped out - except Nutmeg whose eating. I've lowered the light for them. :)

They're settling now. They've found that they from the foot end they can squeeze onto the foldable crate things I have under my bed. :evil: So I keep having to shoo Smudge and Mini out. The other two don't bother. Job for tomorrow - cut a bit of wood to block off access.

I've given them their three way tunnel and they love it. Unfortunately every time I heard them go through it I think they are chasing and my heart starts racing. :lol:

Oh poo, they just DID chase. Mini showing Nutmeg the way out of the litter tray. :roll:

I've given them their three way tunnel and they love it. Unfortunately every time I heard them go through it I think they are chasing and my heart starts racing. :lol:

Oh poo, they just DID chase. Mini showing Nutmeg the way out of the litter tray. :roll:

Oh I didn't realise you had ME - that's not what I thought it did to people either, I always assumed it created lethargy and people slept more. I hope those bunnehs settle down and go to sleep now little munchkins, Nutmeg is very cute, the last pic she looks so full of character.:love:

Once I'm asleep that's it. I can't wake until my body is ready. And if I do have to get up my muscles are very weak and I stumble easily and my legs give way and I drop things. Once I've been up for a while and have had the sleep I need I'm relatively ok but am quite lethargic but then I can't switch off and get to sleep. It's very strange. I've been out this evening to a friend's so it will take me forever to settle down and sleep. Sometimes I wonder if I've been misdiagnosed and have an adrenal problem or some sort of depression but it's such a fight to get the GP to do anything other than basic blood tests.

Bunnehs have settled again. It seems to kick off when the girls go to share a litter tray. :?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Nutmeg just thumped at Smudge cos HE was in the tunnel and SHE wanted to get in!

Oh that's bizarre.

I just turned the lamp on to check them and all four are grooming themselves at the same time. Four little heads bobbing up and down. That's a good sign right?

Um, I just posted some photos and now they arn't here. *needs sleep*

Second attempt...

_IGP8322-vi.jpg

_IGP8325-vi.jpg

"What do you mean this is YOUR bed?"
_IGP8333-vi.jpg

Smudge's new favourite place - in the tunnel...
_IGP8338-vi.jpg

Just dumped my mobile phone photos onto the Mac so I have a couple more pics.

From the bonding pen... Mischa cracks me up, he really does. :lol::lol:

Photo0332-vi.jpg

And this was last night... Nutmeg is flopped in the dog crate which you just about see.

Photo0338-vi.jpg

Back