• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

2 more days until...

Good call.

Could also be dental if they have runny/gunky eyes.

I really hope not, but it's always a possibility. Elijah had a runny eye because of blocked tear duct, thankfully he's had no more problems in the 8 months since. It was easy to sort out.

HONESTLY!!

I want to see pics as much as the next person but let the poor fluffs settle in first!!

:lol::love:

It was just wet wasn't it, not gunky? Keep an eye out for any sneezing, just in case there's a problem, they might need antibiotics or something if they have an infection. Just had a thought - is there sawdust in the hutch?

Did you get any information such as if they are brothers or anything like that?

They are both brothers, just over a year old. The eyes aren't gunky, just wet underneath. It looks like what Mischief had once. They don't seem to be bothering them, my mum thinks they have just been running from the cold. :( We are going to keep them together because they get along so well. :) They only have straw in their cage too. :roll:

I will put loads of hay in. :)

They are both brothers, just over a year old. The eyes aren't gunky, just wet underneath. It looks like what Mischief had once. They don't seem to be bothering them, my mum thinks they have just been running from the cold. :( We are going to keep them together because they get along so well. :) They only have straw in their cage too. :roll:

I will put loads of hay in. :)

They are adult unneutered males, it's inadvisable. I'm not there so I can't see them together but I'd hate for something tragic to happen. I personally wouldn't leave them together unsupervised.

The lack of hay is a worry, I hope they haven't been keep like that :cry: I hope their teeth are alright.

Good to hear that they are friendly though, it suggests they have had attention and not been mistreated.

Last edited:
They are adult unneutered males, it's inadvisable. I'm not there so I can't see them together but I'd hate for something tragic to happen. I personally wouldn't leave them together unsupervised.

The lack of hay is a worry, I hope they haven't been keep like that :cry: I hope their teeth are alright.

Good to hear that they are friendly though, it suggests they have had attention and not been mistreated.

:wave: Me and my mum have checked their front teeth, they look ok. They don't meet perfectly but there don't look to be any huge problems (but obviously I don't know about the back teeth)

Their eyes have dried now and look fine, so I think they were just wet but will keep an eye on them. They do seem lovely together, I will let them play out together when I'm there but let them sleep in different hutches. My Mum says it may be best to keep them together for warmth though? I will see how they get on. They have shown no sign of aggression however, they just snuggle up and wash each other. :love:

Pics coming now! :D

Last edited:
:wave: Me and my mum have checked their front teeth, they look ok. They don't meet perfectly but there don't look to be any huge problems (but obviously I don't know about the back teeth)

Their eyes have dried now and look fine, so I think they were just wet but will keep an eye on them. They do seem lovely together, I will let them play out when together but let them sleep in different hutches. My Mum says it may be best to keep them together for warmth though? I will see how they get on.

Pics coming now! :D

I know, re the warmth and companionship v the potential bully/injuries. It's a really hard call, and I do know you are sensible. Glad to hear that their teeth and eyes look okay. Thinking about it, Rudy wasn't fed enough his in his previous home and *touch wood* his teeth have been fine since. (I'm just a worrier, so ignore me :oops:). As long as they are happy and eating okay... I'll stop fretting :oops:

I know, re the warmth and companionship v the potential bully/injuries. It's a really hard call, and I do know you are sensible. Glad to hear that their teeth and eyes look okay. Thinking about it, Rudy wasn't fed enough his in his previous home and *touch wood* his teeth have been fine since. (I'm just a worrier, so ignore me :oops:). As long as they are happy and eating okay... I'll stop fretting :oops:

aww don't worry. :) I don't think I will risk the night then. One of them is really heavy! Think he may be a little over fed. They are super cute and really friendly. :D I think I am falling for them :oops: my mum too but dad no. :lol:

Can't wait for the piccys :love:

Being friendly is a good sign, I really hope their runny eyes aren't because of anything serious :?

By the sounds of things these two won't have much problem winning over potential owners :love:

Well done but were you told why they were not wanted and did the seller
have any feelings towards them.Sorry to ask just find it sad that people just seem to throw their pets away when they get bored of them.
Heres hoping they find a loving home.:love:

Well done but were you told why they were not wanted and did the seller
have any feelings towards them.Sorry to ask just find it sad that people just seem to throw their pets away when they get bored of them.
Heres hoping they find a loving home.:love:

they had a dog who was terrorising the rabbits apparently he picked one up. :shock: :cry: She said good bye and their names were painted on the hutches. They must have been loved at one point.

Back