• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

2 dwarf female rabbits ?13 weeks one being chased by other and now one is nesting

Fygrave

New Kit
Hi I have two dwarf rabbits who are 13 weeks old .They are suppose to be females but and from the same litter.one has been chasing around the other and thought it might be them trying to dominate but now the other one has started pulling fur out and nesting .I’ve separated them and have an appointment with the vet to have them properly sexed.could she be pregnant or could it be a phantom pregnancy .

I would assume she might be pregnant, time will tell. You have done the right thing separating them.

Hi I have two dwarf rabbits who are 13 weeks old .They are suppose to be females but and from the same litter.one has been chasing around the other and thought it might be them trying to dominate but now the other one has started pulling fur out and nesting .I’ve separated them and have an appointment with the vet to have them properly sexed.could she be pregnant or could it be a phantom pregnancy .

Are you certain that they are only 13=weeks old. A Doe is unlikely to conceive at 13 weeks but a Buck may be fertile. 13 weeks is also very young for a pseudopregnancy, although it may happen.Which makes me doubt that they are 13 weeks and not older.

I read that if a rabbit starts to nest then labour is imminent,but she started doing that 4 days ago and there’s nothing .

Maybe, maybe not. It's more a probability than a strict rule, I've seen nests built weeks in advance. And then one at the right time.

Age doesn't rule out a pregnancy either, the youngest of my 10lbs rabbits that got accidentially pregnant was 14 weeks, quite unusual, but small breeds mature faster.

It could be false pregnancy too, no way to know for sure but to wait it out or when you are sure the other rabbit is a doe too.

I read that if a rabbit starts to nest then labour is imminent,but she started doing that 4 days ago and there’s nothing .

It is almost certainly a false pregnancy. If she is 13 weeks she could not be about to kindle as that would mean that she had to have conceived at C9 weeks. Not possible.

Back