• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

2+2=4

Now when they start it stops pretty quickly without me having to intervene tooooo much.

I don't wanna rejoice too much yet though!

They seem to be spending a lot of time with the lions one end of the cage and the lops the other. Should I try to move them closer or let them be?

Good luck, really hope it all works out and Nutmeg stays calm :)

I've never bonded bunnies before so can't answer your question with any certainty, but I imagine you're probably best to let them decide for themselves when they're happy to get closer.

Fingers crossed for you.

_IGP7842-vi.jpg

Oh this is sooooo exciting!!! I have absolutely no help or advice I can give you as I'd be useless at this but just want you to know thta this is drama of the week for me!!! Thanks! On phone at mim and looking forward to getting home to laptop and next installment! Bonding vibes!!!!

aww sounds like its going really well fingers crossed... just dont get complacent as once they get to know each other - they get braver :shock:
Dont move them and keep them in the same place for at least a week..

Good Luck xx

Oh this is sooooo exciting!!! I have absolutely no help or advice I can give you as I'd be useless at this but just want you to know thta this is drama of the week for me!!! Thanks! On phone at mim and looking forward to getting home to laptop and next installment! Bonding vibes!!!!

:lol: It's all gone a bit boring now, they're either eating or grooming themselves. But that's good. :D

Next step is food I guess!

aww sounds like its going really well fingers crossed... just dont get complacent as once they get to know each other - they get braver :shock:
Dont move them and keep them in the same place for at least a week..

Good Luck xx

Haha yeah I spoke too soon. Nutmeg just went for the lops cos they got a bit close. Settled down again now.

Does sound like it's going quite well, nipping is ok :) I found my bonding went better when I didn't stop them nipping, don't know if that was the right thing to do though! Sending you tons of bunny-getting-on vibes!

I've expanded it a bit. Not masses. Just taken the top off the cage and added some panels round it. Dad kept saying he thought it would help so I grudgingly did so. Anyway, they seem ok. Nutmeg definitely wants to be top bun. They've all flopped out at one stage or another so they can't be that stressed!

I am allowing most nipping now. Just if it continues for more than a couple of seconds do I jump in.

Pellets were a bit of a sticky issue and the other three started nipping back a bit at Nutmeg so the balance has equalised a bit. They're still dividing off into their previous pairs slightly.

I'm so impressed with the boys. Smudge is grooming Mischa so willingly.

Just uploading some more pics.

This is kinda how we are now...

_IGP7858-vi.jpg

Tolerating each other most of the time. Smudge is cleaning ALL of them! No other grooming yet.

Haha! I've just had a bath while my Mum watches them so I don't know! Will log on again on the lappy downstairs in a bit

Back