• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. C

Diarrhoea in older rabbit ? cause

Hi, my older (approx 8yrs) female rabbit has always had a normal bowel and good health, not overweight. Excellent hay eater and no changes to diet. The other morning I woke up to several puddles of runny stool. She seemed otherwise well. I took both rabbits to the vet for a check. She had good...
  2. C

She died, what should I do about the buck?

Hi, my little nethie cross doe died in the night, I found her this morning in the nest box. Gutted is an understatement. I checked her little body over and couldn't find anything obviously wrong. She was over 7 but from a rescue so exact age unknown. I found her partner downstairs in the run, he...
  3. C

South Essex- anywhere giving new combi vaccine?

I'd like to opt for this as the rabbits hate going to the vets and I do their basic health checks myself. None of the local vets stock the new vaccine and most are saying they haven't even heard of it which is a bit worrying. The cynic in me suspects it's about money as going from 4 rabbits 3...
  4. C

When to re-bond a bereaved rabbit?

Happened just over a week ago. She looks so lonely out in her run but is well in herself, eating, drinking, occasional binkying. I'd have her as a houserabbit in a flash but working 4 days a week means she'd be too lonely. I have a strong gut instinct that the other 2 wouldn't accept her and I...
  5. C

My poor Eric died today

Just an update. He was 3, had been well until very recently when sudden weight loss despite eating followed by sharp deterioration. Despite drip, antibiotics, etc at Vets he continued to deteriorate and was PTS this morning. The Vet (who has 5 rabbits of his own) suspects an injury as he was off...
  6. C

poor bun- update

My 3 year old bunny who had some weight loss followed by sharp deterioration in boarding. Basically halved his weight. He went downhill further overnight, didn't urinate although continues to pass normal stools, hadn't touched his pellets although ate some carrot this morning, but completely...
  7. C

Poor bun- 1kg weight loss

My male bun has lost 1kg in weight these past 2 weeks while we were away on holiday. Before we left he had lost a very small amount but was otherwise ok, eating, drinking, pooing normally, marginally less active than usual. He's still eating, drinking, stools normal and plentiful but is hunched...
  8. C

They've gone into boarding

My 4 have gone to the Bunnyhopinn in Essex for a couple of nights while we visit family. I am then putting them in for 9 nights at the end of the month while we go on holiday. I felt really bad, like I was abandoning them :cry:. I suppose because they are rescues it's worse - I feel they are...
  9. C

Spayed doe is nesting???

My neutered boy has been bonded with his doe for a couple of months. They are very loved up :love: and she has been displaying mating behaviours since spring started. She was spayed at the rescue I presume some time ago as she was there for some months and I know Eve would have done her early...
  10. C

Visited Bunny Hop Inn, Essex, was fab!

Visited today and I've booked my four in for a stay over New Year when we're away. Hutchery is in owner's garden down private road. Lovely big secure shed with security cameras, locks, etc. Contains 5ft x 2.6 deep hutches for bonded pairs. 15 hutches in total and 6 or so garden runs. Owners do...
  11. C

Bunny Hop Inn, Essex-anyone used this 4 boarding?

Hi :wave:, Am looking for some boarding facilities for my 2 pairs of rabbits for 1 week over the new year period. The Bunny Hop Inn is local to me, has anyone used this? Would you recommend it or any other lodgings in the Essex / North London area? Or otherwise I would consider a pet-sitting...
  12. C

He's a changed bun!

My two sibling boy buns had to be split because of fighting. They are now back with their new girlfriends and the change in one of the brothers is amazing. He was previously the submissive bun, always very timid and didn't want to be stroked, etc. He is now so confident, comes running up to...
  13. C

Is bedding really needed?

My rabbits never seem to sleep in the barley straw bedding I put in their 'sleeping quarters'. They sit out in their attached runs (I cover the roof) in all weathers, even in the snow :shock: and are still out when I've checked in the middle of the night. The bedding just gets full of poo and I...
  14. C

How much have you spent on Vets fees?

During the time you've had buns...excluding vaccinations, Panacur etc? Just for injuries and illnesses? Claire
  15. C

Humping and chasing

Hello, My boy and girl (both done) were introduced at the rescue about 4 weeks ago now. It was an easy bond, no humping even. They are always snuggled together. He was a dominant bun when together with his brother (they were separated because of fighting). He chased her a bit on the first day...
  16. C

strong play tunnel?

Anyone know of where I could get a chew resistant play tunnel longer than a Chube? I had one of those bendy green plastic ones but I took it back to Pets at Home because splinters of plastic were being chewed off. Cheap options would be good ;) Thanks, Claire
  17. C

rabbit behaviour advisory group?

Has anyone ever tried this group or something similar for rabbits experiencing problems with their previously well established bond? If so was it any good? Thanks, Claire
  18. C

Bonding 3 boys abandoned- injuries!!

Hi, Some of you may have read my thread in the care section, we were attempting to bond my 2 boys (Eric and Ernie) with their father (Blue). Things had been going quite well 10 days in, although there was a daily scrap (chasing, fur pulling, nips, some locking) between Ernie and Blue which...
  19. C

Your most challenging bonding

As someone new to rabbits who has 3 boys in the process of bonding, I would love to hear about your most difficult or challenging bonding stories and what made you persevere or stop. I suspect what I consider to be challenging is very different to those of you more experienced with the process...
  20. C

bonding 3 boys failing, please help

Hi, The rescue bonded my two boys (neutered brothers, age 8 months) with their father (also neutered). On the first couple of days there were 2 spats of fighting between the dominant brother (Ernie) and the father (Blue), but on the whole they were getting on well, all grooming each other, etc...
Back