• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. J

Outdoor rabbits inside

I have two rexes that live outside in there hutch/run combo. I regularly bring them inside for a run in the evening for there evening feed. My question is how long is too long for them to wander round inside as i'm worried it'll affect there tolerance for the cold outside. I generally get...
  2. J

Possibly Pregnant Bunny

On of my friends rabbits managed to get together with the other overnight(a 1 week neutered boy) so we think theres a fair chance shes now pregnant. Apparently shes already nest building (including fur plucking) and it's only been 2 weeks since the unfortunate encounter. Does this mean she is...
  3. J

Rosies not well

My poor little girl Rosie's not right. I first noticed it this morning, she came out for her food with her brother but seemed to finish quickly then sit out in her run hunched. Saying that her brother was sat out too but not really hunched. Then today when i got home from work (food time 2)...
  4. J

Transporting rabbits long distances

Hi I've just been thinking about christmas (hard not to with mince pies cropping up in the shops) and this led to plans with what to do with my rabbits (2 medium sized rexes). They will be at least coming with us to my parents which is less than 2 hours away (where they can stay happily in...
  5. J

Straw Mats, Where can i get them?

Hi Just a quick enquiry, does anyone have any tips for getting straw mats, i've read a recent topic on runs on concrete or grass, well to be different mine are on ply (they were on wood decking but it had small gaps that got very icky with poo and food). As my two are rexes i know i should be...
  6. J

Recommended Feeding Ball

I've recently got a russel rabbit feeding ball for my two rabbits and just thought I'd pop in a note to recommend it to every one. It just fits enough for there mornign feed of pellets (2 rabbits 1/2 daily total feed) and they love it. I pop it in in the mornings and theres wild pouncing and...
  7. J

Spaying and Cancer - What are the facts

Hi I''ve got two rabbits, a brother and sister both about 6 months old. The boy's castrated already and reacted fine to the anesthetic and such. I'm now considering getting his siter done as I've heard about the dangers of uterine cancer in rabbits. I just have a few questions first, is...
  8. J

Bald patches on toes?

My rabbit Rosie has recently got a few bald patches on the toes of one of her back feet. There only about half a centimeter in diameter so quite small but there looking quite pink though they dont appear to be sore. There just a bit further down from her nails which seem short enough though...
  9. J

Chewing - is bitter apple safe and does it work

Hi My new rabbits are settelign in happily but seem to have a tast for chewing most thing, in particular wooden furniture and part of the wall. I've previously had rats and managed to read somehwere that a bitter apple spray can discourage them from chewing what they shouldn't. I've found...
  10. J

Please Help - Rabbit Fight

I have two rabbits named Rosie and Humphrey who we’ve recently reunited. Before we reunited properly them there were a few fights with pleanty of fur flying but since they’ve been together theres been nothing more than a few fur pulling incidents. All of these were generally started with Our...
  11. J

Hutch Design

Hi I'm just about to build my own hutch and was wondering if theres any tips you can give me. It's for 2 medium sized rexes and so far my ideas consist of the following. *2 levels 2 ft high by 1.5 deep by 5 ft long (is this enough room - they get regular outdoor play) *1 main and one...
  12. J

Re Introducing Rabbits

Hi I've recently got two beautiful rabbits whom I had to seperate after discovering one was a boy. The boy, Humphrey, has now been neutered and it's pretty much time for them to be able to go back together. All the time they've been living in seperate levels of the same hutch and getting...
  13. J

Humphreys not eating Properly

I've just got 2 rabbits, one Humphrey is not touching his rabbit food, he'll eat hay and straw and hoovers up anything green we feed him but his super rabbit excel is left abandoned in his bowl. His sister rosie scoffs hers down in no time but I'm getting quite worried he's going hungrey. Any...
  14. J

Advice Please - Possible Pregnant Doe

Hi Just thought I'd ask for a little advice. I got a pair of beautiful rex does last wednesday and after takign them to the vets on firday to get there first Jabs i discovered that one (now named Humphrey) was most definitley not a girl. Needless to say he's booked in for The Op this coming...
  15. J

Ello, just joined!

Hi My names Jemma and I'm based up in lovely sunny (sometimes) cumbria. I've not got bunnies yet but me and my husband are planning on getting some as soon as possible. We're just waiting on getting our hutch (ordered over the net) and then we'll be into serious bunny shopping mode. Has...
Back