• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. B

Aspiration issues in special needs bunbun

This walking nightmare is Quinn, my 2 year old (nearly 3) male bun. To date, aside from incidental issues, he has been diagnosed with: - An initial lung infection that caused permanent lung damage - Liver insufficiency (currently coming back normal) - A malfunctioning adrenal gland (hormone...
  2. B

Droopy Eartips

I have a feeling this is going to be the oddest thing I've ever taken a rabbit to the vets for. Quinn, over the last week, now has noticeable drooping in both ears. I've googled this and only got responses that rabbits that are hot can do this. I've never seen it happen before and I've been...
  3. B

New year and still can't catch a break

Yesterday evening I took Quinn out of his house to bring him in for nebulising and off-handedly checked his bottom. Nice and clean, but I got an unexpected shock- swollen genitals. Alarm bells for a lot of you, I'm sure. I took him to the vets first thing this morning and after a thorough...
  4. B

Tachypnoea - it's really not my year

My boy Quinn has not been well lately. I say that, but he's been eating like a horse, pooping wonderfully and if he hears a fenugreek crunchie packet he's halfway up the door. That's why it took me so long to realise his respiratory rate was far too high. After checking on him a few times and...
  5. B

Rabbit issues and mental health problems (discretion advised)

This is going to be a long and heavy ramble, you've been warned. I'm having an anxiety attack even typing it. I suppose I'll start by giving a bit of a trigger warning for mental health problems and negative emotions. Also apologies to the Admods if this isn't something they are happy with. I...
  6. B

Just when you think it is all going to plan...

Adelaide and Quinn have been bonded for something like a month and a half, two months now? There was a bit of fur pulling here and there and he's hormonal enough that he's been spraying but they have been inseparable. Just last week she went to the vets for her vaccine and him for a microchip...
  7. B

Pandora Bea

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?477818-Going-to-lose-my-bunny-soon Pandora has gone to be with Mattie. I'm utterly devastated but there was nothing more I could do for her. :cry: 3 Sept 2010 ~ 1 Dec 2019
  8. B

Going to lose my bunny soon

Poor Pandora has had it rough... She's had EC related kidney insufficiency for some years, as well as a constant nasal infection (which turned out to be klebsiella pneumoniae). She lost her partner last year and started acting crazy towards her bonds/later (now ex-) husbun Bailey, attacking with...
  9. B

Holy Poop! Megacolon bunny offering vs normal bunny [poo photo, you've been warned]

It is one of the great trials of being an animal parent that nobody else will find poop as fascinating as you. For reference, I have two rabbits- Pandora, an eight year old female with relatively normal gut health, and Bailey, a seven year old male with Megacolon Syndrome. Both rabbits are the...
  10. B

Getting fed up of stasis

This is more of a rant than anything because I'm sad and anxious and getting stressed out. Pandora is elderly and her jaw muscles are not as strong as they once were, so her teeth are a bit misaligned now. She had a dental last week and took a while to recover from it, with abdominal pain and...
  11. B

Rabbit Naming Convention

Hi all Bunny number 6 has come home today and I wanted to pick your brains for ideas. I've got myself into a bit of a naming tradition with my rabbits. My first rabbit, Bandit, was a pedigree born from a pair (+1) rejected from the breeder and sold to my school farm. I have no idea what their...
  12. B

Bun Cam

I wasn't sure which section to post this in so I just placed it here. Has anyone got any kind of surveillance for their rabbits? My aviary is down the end of the garden so if I want to check on the bun I have to go out whatever the weather, down the garden, get into the aviary (which my mum has...
  13. B

Elderly Bun Bonding

After the death of my little boy in August I now have an elderly widow. Pandora turned 8 at the beginning of September and while she maintains her mobility, she does have worsening kidney insufficiency and a chronic nasal issue that keeps requiring medication. A couple of weeks ago she had a...
  14. B

Mattie Harigen

Some of you might have seen my post in Housing about my anxiety making new accommodation for my rabbits. I went ahead with it and posted photos. My dear little boy Mattie got to spend all of two days in it- I began to get suspicious that something was wrong when after a period of looking a bit...
  15. B

Anxiety and Changing Accommodation (long ramble)

I want to have a long ramble because I've been giving myself periodic anxiety over this. I also don't really have friends and I think those who do talk to me glaze over a bit when I start talking about it. My current accommodation (two occupants) is this: 1 x 6ft x 4ft double decker shed...
  16. B

Calcium in certain wild sources

Hi Pandora is having some issues at the moment and may be having a serious problem with her kidneys. In order to test this, and to lessen the strain on them, the vets have advised a low calcium diet for the next week before we test her blood again. I've been researching low calcium options for...
  17. B

Diet of a rabbit with liver problems

Just before New Years one of the rabbits at the Rescue suffered sudden liver failure. Amazingly he survived and is now on several meds a day. We found out recently, when asking if he could be let out to graze, that our vet considered it too much of a risk to his liver to be allowed fresh grass...
  18. B

Buck with trust issues

No doubt there will be a few people on here who will know me and realise who I'm talking about but... Doe is 10 years old and widowed. Her previous partner was her soulmate- they would yin-yang for excessively long periods of time just snogging. She is not aggressive by nature. Buck is...
  19. B

UK Pet Insurance

I am looking into Pet Insurance for at least one of my rabbits. I’ve never insured any of my pets before so I was wondering if anyone can make any recommendations. The rabbit concerned is a year old, already neutered, micro-chipped and in good health. He will be bonded with another rabbit (are...
  20. B

Schatje-Oren Turin

My beautiful little bunny boy was sent to the Bridge half an hour ago. There was nothing more I could do for him :cry:
Back