• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. K

Ear infection

Yeah he said saline but just wondered if there's any other ear cleaners out there? One of my old rabbits had chronic ear problems which required having his ears cleaned out once/ twice a week so I know how to do it, with him I just used saline and that did seem to work well for him but he pretty...
  2. K

Ear infection

I took Louie and he had a plug of wax deep in his ear,the vet managed to get out as much as possible and Louie does seem more comfortable, the vet has advised to clean his ears out once a week, does anyone know of any good ear cleaners?
  3. K

Ear infection

I'll try again
  4. K

Ear infection

Here's a video I can't get it to work 😟
  5. K

Ear infection

Thanks, I hope it's nothing too serious, I thought he might be a bit off due to his kidneys failing but he's running around but just seems irritated by his ear, I'll try to upload a video to show you what he's doing x
  6. K

Ear infection

My rabbit Louie has been diagnosed with kidney failure and the last few days he's not seemed himself but he's weeing and pooing,drinking fine but being a little picky with food, however I've noticed he's shaking his head and scratching his ear a lot, I've looked inside his ear and it looks quite...
  7. K

Xenex or rearguard???

Seeing as the better weather is coming it's got me thinking of the dreaded flystrike, my rabbit milo is 8 and is a bit incontinent,last year he got flystrike and I felt so bad but luckily I caught it in time. My vet gave me xenex last year and milo was fine with it and didn't get flysrike again...
  8. K

Dentals

My rabbit milo has dentals around every 3 months and he usually takes around a week to recover but he is 8 years old,I remember a bit ago his appetite wasn't very good even after a week and my vet suggested keeping him on metacam but also give him metaclopromide as my vet thought milo was...
  9. K

Vibes for Thumper please

My rabbit milo is 7 and he's been having regular dentals for the last 2 years and it scares me every time he goes in coz I don't want to lose him,however he's always been fine and going longer between his dentals now,I do find milo is very sleepy for a couple of days afterwards and needs alot of...
  10. K

Anyone tried Vetcare Urinary Tract Formula Pellets?

My rabbit milo has them coz he's got high calcium levels and a bladder stone so he's on a low calcium diet,he's a very fussy rabbit but will eat these although I do have to break them up for him,he used to get really wet and smelly but seems to be doing well on these,I mix them in with his...
  11. K

Low calcium pellets

Thanks for the advice,I think I'll try him on some of those pellets as he does also suffer with teeth problems and every 2-3 months he has his molars filed down. He's never been a big hay eater so I gave him more greens to help keep his teeth down which had been working coz he's going longer...
  12. K

Low calcium pellets

So my rabbit milo whos 7 has got a bladder stone,he's had a blood test that shows he's got high level of calcium in his body so that vet has recommended a low calcium diet, he's currently on science selective but my vet has suggested timothy based pellets instead of alfalfa. Does anyone have...
  13. K

Milo's got a bladder stone :(

Thanks for all the replies,my heart tells me I should at least give surgery a go,he's had quite a few dentals in the last few years at first he was going every month but now it's more 2-3 months,other than his teeth and now his bladder stone he still seems happy and is eating very well. I can't...
  14. K

my vet is normally really good with rabbits, he said if milo was 2 he wouldnt have any hesitations operating but because hes nearly 7 he thinks it will be more risky and said it would be a major op :?
  15. K

His kidneys are fine no stones at all,he's not had a kidney function check yet, I honestly feel like I have to give him the chance,if I loose him under anesethic at least I will know I tried and did every thing I could for him. He's had a few dentals in his life and usually goes around every 3...
  16. K

So as it says in the title my nearly 7 year old bunny had got a bladder stone :( he's had a few problems in the past,straining to urinate and getting a very wet bottom so yesterday my vet did an X-ray and there's a bladder stone.My vet has told me the options which were leave him but then the...
  17. K

Spaying help!!!

I have a nearly 4 year old lop eared rabbit who lives with her mum and castrated brothers after a surprise litter :roll: anyway I really want to get her spayed as I know the odds of cancer increase as they reach 4 years old but I'm just do worried that something will happen to her while she's...
  18. K

hay!!!

im just wondering if anyone knows of anywhere around boston,lincolnshire that might have some bales of hay? I went to my local supplier today and theyve totally ran out.
  19. K

Post Mortems * WARNING VERY EMOTIVE SUBJECT *

i had a pm done on my rabbit gypsy because she died so quickly and the vet wanted to do it for her peace of mind and because ive got 5 other bunnies we need to know if it was any thing they could get even tho there all vaccinated,luckily it wasnt it turned out she had a lot of gunk in her lungs...
  20. K

Fly strike / Hutch cover question

i lost 1 of my buns last year coz of a little cut on her back and the flies got in there and layed there eggs, i always check there bums but i never thought of checking them for cuts.
Back