• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. R

Cutting the Grass

This may be a silly question as millions of rabbits owners all over the world have gardens and cut the grass but...... I remember a couple of years (or so) ago reading on here that rabbits cant eat 'mowed' grass but cant for the life of me remember why. Now although I am not intending on...
  2. R

Do Paint Fumes effect bunnies

When I joined the forum about a year ago I seem to remember a post about Paint Fumes making a bunny really poorly. I am about to emark on some decorating which will involve using gloss and emultion paint both upstairs and down. I have 3 house bunnies 2 downstairs and 1 upstairs and am now...
  3. R

Pippa being cheeky

I know Bobby and Pippa are my foster bun's and as soon as they find there forever home will be off but I just had to show you some pics of pippa today. She's been ever so playful today and I took some so the sample hay's from the hay expert in for her to try and this is the result. Mmm what...
  4. R

Dried Mint.... What do I do with it ???

I ordered some dried mint from bunny basic's as my two love fresh mint so I thought it would be handy to have in. When it arrived it wasn't quite what I'd expected, I thought it would be full leves and it's not, iit's all chopped up like the kind you get in jars in the supermarket. So what do...
  5. R

Look who's come to stay with me

It's Bobby and Pippa and they're gorgeous. Kayj has very kindly let us foster them for a little while. They've both been playing out, digging and exploring there new home (ok temp home) and seem to like it. Pippa is the more confident one that dosen't mind being picked up too much...
  6. R

Candy and Dobb's

Just thought I'd give you all a quick update on the Happy Couple. They have been living together happilly now for a few weeks and the pair of them are totally barmy, Dobb's really has brought out the cheeky, playful side of Candy. When the are playing in the house they are constantly chasing...
  7. R

aother daft question

How big do mini lops grow ???? I've seen a free ad and was just wondering
  8. R

when can baby bun leave mum

Hiya, I wonder if anyone is on that can help with this one. My friend is here with me and is looking to get a baby bun and has been told by a breeder that it is ok for a bun to be taken away from mum at 8 weeks, I said not, I thought it was 12 weeks but can someone with more experience than...
  9. R

Look who's come to live with us

This little baby is the latest addition to our family, her name is Treacle and she is such a baby, she will go to sleep in your arms. Only go her last night so there will be more as she settles in Bet you cant see me under here Cant a girl get some peace around here And just because they...
  10. R

how much fun is a cardboard tube

Just thought I'd let you have a look at what my bunnies get up to to try and fool us. I'll just get in here while no ones looking Candy, where are you Ooo, there you are Coming to get you Stay really quiet, they'll never guess where we are They stayed in there for ages, in fact we...
  11. R

Sweet Potato's Yes or No ?

Can the bun's have Sweet Potato. I was sure I had read on here that some of you give them a small amount but when I've looked on the safe food site's I can't see it. Having them for my tea and I've got a bit left over, they are a rare treat for myself (I'm the only one that likes them) so I...
  12. R

The Happy Couple, Candy and Dobb's

Just thought I'd let you see how these two are settling in together Hay Cand's, she got that flashy, clicky thing again. They even go to the litter tray together and one sits outside licking the other one's face
  13. R

Dobb's hurt his back leg.

With not being able to post I've not been able to tell you all. I've only had Dobb's a week and I got up on wednesday morning after Canyd and Dobb's first night together to find Dobb's with his back leg lifted completely off the ground and hopping about on 3 legs. I paniced like mad, checking...
  14. R

Candy and Dobb's Here's how the bondings going

Well, here's where we're up to with the bonding of Candy and Dobb's. I'll see if dinner's on it's way yet candy. I'm coming to get you. Not more photos, quick let me hide my face. This is all too much like hard work, time for a nap.
  15. R

Dobb's and Candys first night

Jere are a few photos of Dobb's first night at the mad house, as you can see from the cage shots, they seem pretty uninterested in each other, when there out Dobb's just chases Candy all over the place, I've never seen her move so fast :lol: :lol: :lol...
  16. R

Candy's going in for her op tomorrow

I'm so worried and so is my daughter, she's taken herself off to bed in tears and of course I'm very close to tears myself. :cry: We have a fantastic vet and it's not that I dont trust her, I just cant help feeling like this. Also the other bunny Dobs that I'm getting from Kay is going in to...
  17. R

Do females Spray ????

I know male rabbits spray but do females ???? Candys hormones have really kicked in this weekend and I have had a such a crazy weekend up to now with her. Her litter training has gone out of the window though and my house smell dredful but the latest one has suprised me a bit so I thought l...
  18. R

Not very hungry today mum

Do bunnys have not very hungry days? Candy is eating. We have kind of rituals in our house, I put our meal on the table and Candy hops back into her cage and waits for her to be brought out. Now she still doing this and is eating some but not as much as usual, she is eating hay, chewing her...
  19. R

Rabbits with wind

What is it about rabbits and wind. I'd been reading some postes on here about it and low and behold candy starts with it last night and still has it now. I had intended to get some infocol or rennies on the way home from work but just checked with the vet first, as I'm a worrier and the vet...
  20. R

Not using her litter tray.

Not really a care issue as such but I've put it here just in case it helps anyone. A little while ago candy who is litter trained and will even come down stairs to use her tray suddenly stopped using it for no good reason then after a week or so went back to using it. Tonight I think I may...
Back