• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. P

My poor boy is dying

Hi, he's doing really well. He's out on the grass during the day and in the house at night as he's quite weak and docile. Unfortunately his wife won't let him back in their run and tries to attack him so I'm keeping them seperate for now. He has lost a lot of weight, has developed an eye...
  2. P

My poor boy is dying

He's had two more poos, the rest of the bag of greens and a carrot. His heads also looking less tilted. Unfortunately I have no flexibility in my job so the only way it's going to work is if I can take him into work (a school) and feed him in my breaks but that'll mean a 40 minute trip there...
  3. P

My poor boy is dying

The vet didn't give him any pain relief, I had some so I've dosed him myself. He's had .3 per kg but I gave him it in one dose.
  4. P

My poor boy is dying

He's had a poo!!!!!
  5. P

My poor boy is dying

Thanks so much for all the advice. He's had a wee but still no poo. There is no change in the tilt/paralysis either. His eyes are closed, I'm not sure if he can open them or see. He's taking about a quarter or a syringe of critical care every hour or so but he's not particularly eating it more...
  6. P

My poor boy is dying

I've just fed him again and he was quite keen to eat but rolling lots in between taking some food. Tbh he's no worse/better then when I took him to the vets. I'm not planning on going to bed tonight though so if he gets any worse I'll ring them.
  7. P

My poor boy is dying

That sounds like it, she said it was more then likely the parasite but couldn't rule out a tumour. It came on so fast, he was fine this morning. I've just checked on him and he's chattering his teeth which he never does. He also won't swallow when I've tried to give him water. He can't move...
  8. P

My poor boy is dying

I came home today to find my 1 year old French lop lying on the floor unable to move with his head twisted. I've taken him to the vet who says it's a brain parasite and she's never seen one this bad. If he try's to move he rolls over and over. The vet gave him pancur and something to get his...
  9. P

Bonding a giant boy to smaller girl

My french lop has been neutered and he is 4 months old. My female conti is being neutered next week at almost 5 months. I'd ask a few vets.
  10. P

Am I doing this right?

She seems friendly enough I'm just used to my boy who followed me round from day one and came to his name within a week. She's much more aloof! There has been no more growling, just nose sniffing, ignoring and flopping near each other.
  11. P

Am I doing this right?

Thanks for all the advice, she's stopped growling now and is happy to be stroked but the picking up will take time I think. Her and my buck have been lying beside each other (with the fence inbetween) and seem much more chilled out.
  12. P

Blue continental giant

My new bunny is a beautiful blue continental doe, when I've been reading about the breed no where mentions the blue colour though. Can you actually get blue contis or have I got a different breed?
  13. P

Am I doing this right?

My male is a house rabbit who has free run of the house and garden (he also has a large shed). He's been neutered last week with the plan to get him a wife. I have been given a conti doe who is about 3 months old, I know that I need to keep them separated for 4 weeks as he's only just been...
  14. P

Can't see old threads.

Rabbit chat only has 6 pages! I'm now searching trifle haha.
  15. P

Pet shop

It's in the north east, they won't be bothered. They have food and water, just dirty and very small hutches plus what happens to them at 5! I'm trying to resist going and getting one!
  16. P

Pet shop

Any that are left at the end of the day are off to a breeder .
  17. P

Pet shop

Just been to a pet shop that was closing down. Pairs of rabbits in tiny hutches, covered in poo and with no hay. Some had runny noses and patches of fur missing. I nearly came away with one but don't want to risk my bunny getting ill and now I feel awful 😞
  18. P

Can't see old threads.

Like if I click on rAbbits in need say, it has 7000+ beside it but then there are only 2 pages of threads and it's the same on other ones. Just when I'm bored I like to read through old threads.
  19. P

Can't see old threads.

I've not been a member for long and in some sections there are only a page or two of threads that I can read though the number beside the title suggests there are thousands! Any ideas?
  20. P

How to encourage hay eating

He's been vet checked today and teeth are fine.
Back