• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. keletkezes

Barrie and Chibbs update

Barrie is pootling along fine. He's not lost any further weight, he seems to be coping really well with life. He gets oats in baby food every morning, in a ball (like those fancy protein balls, or a truffle ;P), and he scoffs that down. He likes the mixed fruit&veg baby food best. Chibbs...
  2. keletkezes

Barrie has lost a lot of weight

Early November 2023: take the buns for their annual Nobivac. Both are somewhat underweight. I realise it's probably because I'm being overstingy with pellets (and their hay isn't the greatest right now) so I up them. Everybun back to normal (less prominent spines). Second week of December 2023...
  3. keletkezes

Late moults u/d pic p12

Chibbs seems to be having her post-winter moult now. She did have a spring moult, but nowhere near her usual shedding. Now, she's got a lovely 'kerb moult', her longer fur in 3"! She must have sweltered during that hot spell. Yesterday she was sat in such a position that the 'step' or 'kerb' of...
  4. keletkezes

Chibbs has an eye issue

:waves: Hi, I've become a lurker! XD Chibbs has had a weepy eye since Saturday afternoon, but not too bad and she's been absolutely fine. It's very gradually got worse, so I booked her in yesterday and took her this morning, and the area around her eye was dry :roll: I noticed something like...
  5. keletkezes

Free exhibition on rabbit sculpture+, Nott'm

Keep forgetting to post this: free Sophie Ryder exhibition at Lakeside Arts https://www.lakesidearts.org.uk/exhibitions/event/5719/sophie-ryder-sculpture-drawings-prints.html
  6. keletkezes

Barrie is matty: u/d p12 sore hock :(

Wednesday night, there's a couple of matty clumps of black fur on the windowsill. I note them, give Barrie a quick bum check (just with my hand) but he's dry and clean, a little matty around the middle bits of his legs (ankle-knee) but nothing I'm concerned about, a one off wee incident isn't to...
  7. keletkezes

Black bunny ears

Anyone else have/had a bunny with black ears (esp all-black bunnies) whose ears look bald, or is it just Barrie? The backs of his ears are basically like the insides: when he's on the windowsill/inside it's really hard to tell which way his ears are facing :lol:
  8. keletkezes

Bunny slide

We used some somewhat unexpected free time and better to clear off the lawn and rearrange the garden stuff yesterday. We attempted to put the tiny hutch we've always used as a stopover to the lawn back in place, but in a different position. The tube going from the run to the hutch would be quite...
  9. keletkezes

A big thankyou to dollyanna from Barrie and Chibbs!

dollyanna posted (a while ago now) about the foil-backed blanket her buns use and I was inspired to add radiator backing (foil-covered thin polystyrene sheets) to a cardboard box, along with a layer of insulation blanket (recipe box delivery recycled plastic bottle stuff) and Barrie and Chibbs...
  10. keletkezes

Jaffa-related presents! And general bunniness

J&B very kindly sent me a big pot of her lovely Mango Joe moisturiser, and included a Jaffa Cakes 'tube' of dried forage (although Matt was disappointed XD). I reckoned Barrie might be excited by it. He was, but he CBA to actually deal with the tube :lol: They're both lazy little chaseaholics...
  11. keletkezes

Barrie is an odd sausage

Chibbs is a sausage: she's all uniformly coloured so when she stretches out a bit she looks like a sausage. Barrie, also being uniformly coloured, also looks like a sausage. Chibbs has the nickname 'Floof Sausage' for obvious reasons. Barrie has just got 'Odd Sausage' because, well, Chibbs' head...
  12. keletkezes

Lopsy 'memories'

Night before last I had a dream that Lopsy had not died, but gone away to be a support rabbit for kids with behavioural problems caused by bad parents, a nasty incident in their lives etc. I went to visit him and he was having the time of his life and one girl said she'd turned her life around...
  13. keletkezes

Barrie and Chibbs

It's not easy to get pictures because I'm too busy and it's not light for long! Here's the Twitter post I made with today's: https://twitter.com/keletkezes/status/1473630584304017419 Matt puts the bramble through the top of the run at night. Chibbs likes to hog it by sitting on the steps eating...
  14. keletkezes

Bonding Barrie and Chibbs UD p37 all sorted :D

Barrie is lovely. He's what would happen if you stuck a Nethie-cross head and front paws on a really wide-bummed big rabbit body. He's a hilarious black triangle/pyramid/cone. He was very confident on meeting Chibbs, she was quite reserved and so he got on with humping her, nicely though :) No...
  15. keletkezes

Snow

It's been proper cold here recently, since Friday night basically. I'm a bit worried I might have killed my venus flytraps and pitcher plants (the hardy ones, the non hardy ones are inside) but everything's thawing now. We have been worried about Chibbs since the hypothermia episode in February...
  16. keletkezes

Chibbs update :)

Just wanted to report Chibbs is fine, probably lonely but she won't let us stroke her much so she's back to normal XD She's certainly eating, pooing, drinking etc. like normal, no signs of beingpartricularly sad :) Lopsy's replacement (ha, as if anybun could even come close to replacing Lopsy...
  17. keletkezes

Poor Chibbs (building works/hearing rabbits)

I went out to give Lopsy his medicated treat, and she's nowhere to be seen, poor girl. We've got the external wall insulation being fitted, and she doesn't like drills. She's not as bad as Aboleth, who'd be panicking, running up and down thumping because people were above 6' off the floor, but...
  18. keletkezes

Hay suppliers

I know, I know, we've had loads of threads on this before but until the Forum understands the parameters in then you're just going to have to put up with me badgering you on a new thread. I discovered today the latest equestrian supplier I get my hay from has permanently closed :( I know...
  19. keletkezes

Porridge time!

Top tip: don't make your rabbit's porridge too runny or it ends up on you! Explanation after the picture (link in case it doesn't work)... https://twitter.com/keletkezes/status/1442511650293178370/photo/1 Lopsy needs to put on weight and, with cooler temperatures fast approaching, we've gone...
  20. keletkezes

Lopsy's ongoing issues thread U/D p72 PTS :(

Thought I'd start my new thread with some wise advice. My pet sitter/best mate commenting on my report of Lopsy's vet follow-up this morning: "if your rabbit is well enough to be a :censored: [rhymes with thickhead], your rabbit is well enough." :lol: Vet reported him having 'full range of...
Back