• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poor Chibbs (building works/hearing rabbits)

keletkezes

Wise Old Thumper
I went out to give Lopsy his medicated treat, and she's nowhere to be seen, poor girl. We've got the external wall insulation being fitted, and she doesn't like drills. She's not as bad as Aboleth, who'd be panicking, running up and down thumping because people were above 6' off the floor, but she's happy hiding in her helicopter*. Lopsy is a bit more excitable than usual because there are people, and they're wearing gloves, and people wearing gloves means food :lol:

* We have some bodywork from Puma helicopters as tunnels for them :) We got them in at the AIr Museum but they're bent and we've got better ones fitted to our Puma, and these particular parts (off the top of the tail boom) are ten a penny so not worth selling, so I ended up with fun bunny tunnels :D We actually have too many so I need to ask local rescues if they want some!

They should be done midday today, then it's just a few more bits to attach and some rendering. Everyone who's been here has been really good except the scaffolders, which seems par for the course right now :S They were here installing most of the weekend, and Chibbs was fine once they'd gone, she's just not keen on disturbance XD Bunnies got loads of forage though, the builders needed to remove some of the rose, lavender and raspberries :D

Anyone else's bunnies go mental with building works? Or love builders like Lopsy and CarlessSquid's Rodney?

When I had a new roof put on the house a few weeks ago the only one to freak out was me :roll: The Bunnies could not have cared less and Morse thought that all the Roofers were here to play :lol:

When I had a new roof put on the house a few weeks ago the only one to freak out was me :roll: The Bunnies could not have cared less and Morse thought that all the Roofers were here to play :lol:
OMG poor Matt empathises! He hates having to deal with people (it's one of his major autistic traits). He didn't sleep well over the weekend because i wasn't here to 'deflect' and he had to deal with it all himself. He did very well and the fitters were lovely :) I'm glad the bunnies and Morse were fine with it though :D

Chibbs has made her way to the playhouse but is now refusing to come out. I waved some fresh forage at her before I threw it in the run for Lopsy, but she was having none of it unless I was going to feed her on the windowsill. I wasn't. More for Lopsy (he still needs it!) :D

OMG poor Matt empathises! He hates having to deal with people (it's one of his major autistic traits). He didn't sleep well over the weekend because i wasn't here to 'deflect' and he had to deal with it all himself. He did very well and the fitters were lovely :) I'm glad the bunnies and Morse were fine with it though :D

Chibbs has made her way to the playhouse but is now refusing to come out. I waved some fresh forage at her before I threw it in the run for Lopsy, but she was having none of it unless I was going to feed her on the windowsill. I wasn't. More for Lopsy (he still needs it!) :D

Apart from the fact that until recently I had no funds the reason that I have had nothing done to my house since 1984 is because I don’t do Peopling !!

Aww, poor Chibbs. I don't like drills, either, so I get her being upset! Sounds like she and Lopsy at least got some nice forage out of it, though! :D Have they finished now? I hope Chibbs can enjoy some peace and quiet. :love:

Have they finished now? I hope Chibbs can enjoy some peace and quiet. :love:
They finished what they could do about 11:00 :) Waiting for a plumber to come and move some things now, then a bit more drilling and that should be it for noise until the windows go in in November!

That's good that they're done now and that after the plumber and some more drilling Chibbs won't be disturbed until November!

...Oh, hang on. It'll be November in less than two weeks, won't it? I was thinking November is still ages away. :lol: Chibbs will only have a short break!

That's good that they're done now and that after the plumber and some more drilling Chibbs won't be disturbed until November!

...Oh, hang on. It'll be November in less than two weeks, won't it? I was thinking November is still ages away. :lol: Chibbs will only have a short break!
She gets about 3wks :) She's hiding in the helicopter again today :D Old Man Lopsy's sat on the snugglesafe in the house sleeping and was most pleased to be woken for extra treats I CBAed to feed Chibbs :lol: She gets them to stop her snaffling Lopsy's, so if she's in a different area I don't always give her any XD She's quite round now anyway, all that readigrass! Going to have to devise a way that Lopsy can get it but she can't :roll:

Aww poor girlie. Joey used to be very sensitive to noise but has got used to it as still had lots of renovating to do after we moved in . If its noisy noisy I'll sit with him. obv the girls are deaf which makes life easier

She gets about 3wks :) She's hiding in the helicopter again today :D Old Man Lopsy's sat on the snugglesafe in the house sleeping and was most pleased to be woken for extra treats I CBAed to feed Chibbs :lol: She gets them to stop her snaffling Lopsy's, so if she's in a different area I don't always give her any XD She's quite round now anyway, all that readigrass! Going to have to devise a way that Lopsy can get it but she can't :roll:
Oh, three weeks is a nice break. :) I'm glad she feels safe in the helicopter, at least. :love: That's good that Lopsy is still enjoying his extra treats, too. Poor Chibbs not getting any, though. :lol: It's hard to feed one bunny extra without having the other bunny become really round! I got a wooden house for Casper, to feed him extra in, because I thought the doors were too small for Sophie, but it turns out that Sophie can make herself a lot smaller than I thought. :lol:

I got a wooden house for Casper, to feed him extra in, because I thought the doors were too small for Sophie, but it turns out that Sophie can make herself a lot smaller than I thought. :lol:
My first rabbit Charlie was a Netherland Dwarf and he could get through anything over 2" (about 5cm) wide! We left his run back a little too far from his hutch after moving him once and he went three gardens away :lol: He came back for food though, he knew best ;P

I'm really glad Chibbs isn't super sensitive. She doesn't like the drilling noises, but she'll still come over if I hang around long enough :) At least she doesn't go proper loopy at sawing, becasue I do a fair amount of that myself! Aboleth HATED that as well XD TBH the drilling is near where I'm working and I'm glad I had a meeting on campus for at least part of this afternoon!

Oh, three weeks is a nice break. :) I'm glad she feels safe in the helicopter, at least. :love: That's good that Lopsy is still enjoying his extra treats, too. Poor Chibbs not getting any, though. :lol: It's hard to feed one bunny extra without having the other bunny become really round! I got a wooden house for Casper, to feed him extra in, because I thought the doors were too small for Sophie, but it turns out that Sophie can make herself a lot smaller than I thought. :lol:[/QUOTE]

oh dear :lol:

My first rabbit Charlie was a Netherland Dwarf and he could get through anything over 2" (about 5cm) wide! We left his run back a little too far from his hutch after moving him once and he went three gardens away :lol: He came back for food though, he knew best ;P

I'm really glad Chibbs isn't super sensitive. She doesn't like the drilling noises, but she'll still come over if I hang around long enough :) At least she doesn't go proper loopy at sawing, becasue I do a fair amount of that myself! Aboleth HATED that as well XD TBH the drilling is near where I'm working and I'm glad I had a meeting on campus for at least part of this afternoon!
5 cm! He must've been tiny! I'm glad he came back for the food after escaping. :lol:

That's good, then, that while Chibbs doesn't like the drilling noises, she at least isn't super sensitive. I totally get why Aboleth didn't like the sawing noises, though; I hate them, too. :lol: I'm glad you had a meeting so you didn't have to listen to the drilling all afternoon. Such an awful noise!

Chibbs got well annoyed whe someone started using a circular saw today :lol: She was sleeping off the heat (I've been out in shorts and a thin tshirt :S) when they did some cutting of downpipes so she sat up and gave everyone stink eye :lol: Be over by December Chibbs!

Back