• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Black bunny ears

keletkezes

Wise Old Thumper
Anyone else have/had a bunny with black ears (esp all-black bunnies) whose ears look bald, or is it just Barrie? The backs of his ears are basically like the insides: when he's on the windowsill/inside it's really hard to tell which way his ears are facing :lol:

Anyone else have/had a bunny with black ears (esp all-black bunnies) whose ears look bald, or is it just Barrie? The backs of his ears are basically like the insides: when he's on the windowsill/inside it's really hard to tell which way his ears are facing :lol:

Aww bless him :lol:

My bridge rex bunny black velvet lost most of her ear fur when she got older for no obvious reason, yet it regrew after she had surgery.

Anyone else have/had a bunny with black ears (esp all-black bunnies) whose ears look bald, or is it just Barrie? The backs of his ears are basically like the insides: when he's on the windowsill/inside it's really hard to tell which way his ears are facing [emoji38]
Yep! Fleur was like this, she was a mini rex

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Dusty's ears are black and the skin is very thin compared to my other rabbits. You can feel a pulse beating in her left ear just by holding her ear gently.

Thanks everyone! He also has a 'bald patch' (like Chibbs but nobun else) so his fur parts really noticeably round his neck when he bends his neck :) And, being black, his tongue show up really well :lol: Sometimes you see this flash of neon pink XD

Dusty's ears are black and the skin is very thin compared to my other rabbits. You can feel a pulse beating in her left ear just by holding her ear gently.
Aw cool, I'll try that! I could do that with Aboleth on a hot day, but her ears were really well-furred especially in Winter, she had full on ear-moults in spring!

I checked Alfreds ears last night when he was in an amicable mood for strokies and ear rubs and yes he has baldy insides of his ears. He’s a dark grey rather than black so hope that counts.

I checked Alfreds ears last night when he was in an amicable mood for strokies and ear rubs and yes he has baldy insides of his ears. He’s a dark grey rather than black so hope that counts.
Ah it's the outsides I'm interested in! The insides I expect to be balder, but Barrie's ears' outsides are the same as the insides!

Back