• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. B

bunnies in hot weather

Has anyone got any tips to keep their bunnies cool in the heat? I fill a small plastic tub with vegetables and water and freeze it over night so they have a bunny ice lolly to nibble on, and try to make as much shade as possible. However, they're still crashed out in the hot weather!
  2. B

Dressing up

My dad thought it'd be hilarious to put his tie on Freddie. I think he's rocking the gentleman look! My boy scrubs up well :)
  3. B

Spayed bunny acting oddly

Hi all, My girl bun JC was spayed more than 6 months ago when she was around 1 years old... however lately I've noticed her collecting paper/hay in her mouth as if she is going to build a nest (similar to her nesting behaviour before she was spayed) and I'm a bit worried. Also, there is a...
  4. B

spayed bunny collecting newspaper

Hi all, today I caught my bunny JC collecting newspaper - it looked like she was getting ready to build a nest. She was neutered sometime in June/July, so is this normal behaviour?
  5. B

bunny show jumping...?!

I stumbled across this whilst on youtube and I thought it was adorable! :love: I wish my bunnies would try something like this but they are too grumpy :lol: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qM9YWm6T_hc
  6. B

clipping nails

I've noticed over the past few days that Freddie's nails are becoming a bit long so I think they need a trim. I haven't had him for very long so this hasn't been an issue before but the problem is he HATES being picked up in any way, he'll panic, kick and wriggle to no end! So I'm really not...
  7. B

I think it's safe to say they're bonded *pics*

sorry but I'm so proud of them especially Jaycie - she's such a temperamental bunny! I was worried that they simply wouldn't be able to bond, they're both very strong characters but I love them both so much I had to try and finally... success! Couldn't have done it without Manchester Rabbit...
  8. B

male bonded bunny pulling his fur out

Hi :) my male bunny Freddie is semi long-haired, and recently I've noticed tufts of fur around the house. At first I thought it was just his moulting (this is the first summer I've had him) but I just noticed him tugging some fur out of his right back foot He is bonded and they groom each...
  9. B

Bonded bunny troubles

Hi all, recently my two rabbits have become fully bonded - we are able to leave them together and not be around and they are always super happy. Until just a minute ago, Jaycie entered a new room in the house then I brought Freddie in and she tried to mount him, so I just took her out of the...
  10. B

is it normal...

for bonded rabbits to occasionally snap at each other? Jaycie (female) sometimes nips at Freddie when he's around but then next minute they're grooming each other. We stop it before it escalates but I'm just worried that they might be going backwards a bit :( this is them at the moment...
  11. B

the newly bonded couple chilling in their new home

Hi all! just thought I'd post a photo I just took of Jaycie and Freddie now I can let them free range in the house when I'm in. They are nearly fully bonded just the occasional slight squabble but mostly very chilled round each other grooming away :) :love:
  12. B

REM sleep

Hi, I got up the other morning and came into the room to feed my bunnies and usually they both hop round excitedly but Freddie just loafed there with both his eyes shut, nose untwitched kind of twitching slightly and didn't react at all when I called his name. I had to go over and give him a...
  13. B

Getting other pets with rabbits

Hi all, At the moment me and my two house buns are stopping at my dad's until I move around Christmas time with them. He is thinking about getting a cat or kittens but I don't know what my buns would do! :shock: I don't think a grown-up cat is really an option (at least not until we've...
  14. B

So happy - they have come on leaps and bounds! (Or should I say binkys)

Hiii :) I've been trying to bond my two rabbits for about 3 weeks now (first week I was kindly helped out by a boarding service near where I live) and my two rabbits were nearly there, one grooming the other but not getting anything back. He also kept humping her which she really doesn't like...
  15. B

both presenting heads to be groomed

Hi everyone, In the middle of bonding my 2 rabbits... but they both keep lowering their heads to each other wanting to be groomed. I've taken this chance to stroke both their heads at the same time, but I'm worried that if I don't they may start fighting or something! Jaycie used to groom...
  16. B

does anyone else's rabbit chirp?

Just wondering, whenever my male bun goes up to my female she starts chirping (they are in the middle of bonding) They have both been neutered a while ago, I think she's just chatty. Either that or annoyed at him for pestering her! He also honks a lot. What sounds do your bunnies make? :)
  17. B

nearly bonded but a bit worried

Hi all, A rabbit boarding place (Manchester Rabbit Boarding) have helped me a lot by starting the bonding process between my two rabbits while they stayed there. 100% recommend them! Accommodation etc was great :) Now I have them home, they have cages near each other adjoining the same run...
  18. B

Type of grass?

*just realised I might have been better posting this in the Diet section! Apologies* Hi all, years ago my mum dropped some rabbit seed in our garden and ever since, one of the grasses grew and my pets all love it. I just can't find out which type of grass it actually is, so if anyone has any...
  19. B

something for them to hide in

Hi all, My pair of bunnies are away on holiday at the moment at a rabbit boarding place who are helping with the bonding process :love: I have a cage for a single rabbit that will be permanently open to their run: they'll have a nice big run inside (I also have a dog crate in case they still...
  20. B

worried about a rabbit owned by a day care

One of my friends has noticed a rabbit owned by a daycare in a building his group use when they aren't there. He said that when he went to see it (outside, in a hutch alone with no run attached IN THIS HEAT :cry: ) the poor bun's water bottle had fallen off the hutch so he put it back and the...
Back