• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. H

Bonding an ec bunny

I've had my beautiful Milo for a year now. He is neutered and vaccinated and about 18 months old. He was a rescue. He loves being fussed and is very friendly. He had ec before I had him which was treated but left him with head tilt. He's had one other infection since I have had him which...
  2. H

Panacur. for e.cuniculi

Hello everyone. My bunny Milo is currently 3/4 of the way through a course of Panacur for e,cuniculi. He has permanent headtilt from his first infection when he was very young and this is the third time he has had it. Because of the headtilt and the fact that he is quite big I use the liquid...
  3. H

Hiding meds in food

Any ideas for hiding meds in food much appreciated!!Thank you!
  4. H

Medicating a rabbit with head-tilt

I've had rabbits for many years but never had a rabbit with head tilt until recently. Milo is a resue bun who had had e,cuniculi a year ago for which he was treated with Panacur/Lapizole. He copes very well.When he came to live with me a couple of weeks ago I got my vet to do a blood test to see...
  5. H

Caring for a "head tilt" rabbit

Any feedback/advice will be very welcome. I have taken in a rabbit with quite severe head tilt. He is vaccinated but not yet neutered which I will rectify in the coming days. Head tilt was apparently caused by e.cunniculi which he was treated for a year ago. As a purely temporary measure he is...
  6. H

My rabbit died of RHD- potentially triggering* Beyond distraught

Please please dont judge me. I have made some terrible mistakes and am already:censored: furious with myself and hate myself right now for making some pretty basic mistakes that an experienced rabbit keeper should know better about. I wanted to get this out as there is nobody IRL I can talk to...
  7. H

Dried forage

I have 9 gorgeous bunnies and am always looking for ways to feed them well without breaking the bank! During the Summer they have mostly fresh forage from a field near me and of course hay plus a few pellets. In the winter when forage is scarce I buy veg instead. I would like to give them dried...
  8. H

Penicillin injections and eye removal adivice

Hello. I don't know if anyone remembers me,I used to post a lot on here but not for a long time.:wave: Anyhoo, I have a bunny who has a serious eye infection. Lily has a very swollen eye lid with pus discharge-very nasty, She is behaving normally though and eating.pooing etc as normal. She's a...
  9. H

neutered male carrying hay in his mouth and thumping

So for about the last hour my (neutered for three months) male rabbit has been carrying a mouthful of hay around his pen and digging and thumping.All abit odd.His friend,a neutered female is watching him looking abit puzzled.They have been in a smaller pen for a couple of weeks while I...
  10. H

Bonding male with male/female pair

Potentially not the easiest bond I know but I would like to bond my boy Ozzy with my pair Dylan and Daisy.All are neutered of course and healthy.They have been living in adjacent pens in my spare room for afew months.I let the pair out or Ozzy out every day to have a run around and have found...
  11. H

My poor sad boy

Hes grieving for his buddy:cry: How can I help him in the meantime before I can get him rebonded?Hes barely eating (weve been to the vet for gut meds today)Im sitting talking to him as much as possible but hes so down.:cry:Ive not had a bunny grieve like this before:( Thanks.
  12. H

CosiNDri bedding v Fitch

Has anyone used these 2 beddings?I have used Fitch but not CosiNDri and wondered how they compare. Thanks.
  13. H

Peaceful passing vibes

Please could I have some peaceful passing vibes for my beautiful rabbit Rosie ? My lovely 11 year old girl is fading this evening.:cry:
  14. H

Digging box

Im bringing my bonded pair,Max and Mabel (:love:) indoors in afew weeks to live in my spare (unheated) bedroom.Im really looking forward to it as they have lived there before and were very happy.The only thing is Mabel has recently developed a habit of digging out and completely emptying their...
  15. H

Separation ethics

I wonder if anyone can advise me. I have another active thread in Behaviour and Bonding about bonding my quad.Sorry for some reason my pc wont let me do a link. I have been bonding a quad and need to remove one of the rabbits to leave a trio.In the mix I have 2 sisters who were previously...
  16. H

Bonding a quad-in abit of a rut!

Hi all:wave: Im in a quandary with my newly bonded quad,can anyone advise? About a month ago my bunnies were introduced to (hopefully)become a quad.It comprised 2 bonded sisters(Lily and Ivy) and 2 single males (James and Cosmos).I haven't had the boys long and thought it would be wonderful if...
  17. H

"Not myxi vibes"

Please could I have some "not myxi"vibes for my bunny Bruce?He has worrying symptoms.We will know more tomorrow morning. Ive been so caught up with worrying about my Dad who is very poorly I have realised he is five weeks overdue for his vaccinations so am feeling mightily guilty on top of...
  18. H

Elska Rabbit Hutch

www.very.co.uk have been selling a hutch which is smaller than the space given to lab rabbits:evil::shock: Its been withdrawn from sale.Lets hope its due to complaints and not that its sold out.:(
  19. H

Missing Harry

Im missing my beautiful bridge bunny Harry SO much at the moment.I had to help him to the bridge a year ago after a long illness.I cant go into details but the many empty promises and many mistakes made by a referral vet made the last few weeks of his life very hard on him (and me).Then I had to...
  20. H

Rabbit web site

Lovely rabbit website: www.Best4bunny.com Thought it deserved a "heads up":)
Back