• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. H

Bonding an ec bunny

Thank you for these thoughts. I hadn't actually thought about how another bunny may be a risk to her as well so as you say just because his ec levels have been high/low doesn;t necessarily mean her levels will be. affected if she's in good health and she is apart from being a dental bunny which...
  2. H

Bonding an ec bunny

I've had my beautiful Milo for a year now. He is neutered and vaccinated and about 18 months old. He was a rescue. He loves being fussed and is very friendly. He had ec before I had him which was treated but left him with head tilt. He's had one other infection since I have had him which...
  3. H

Panacur. for e.cuniculi

And of course it works out to be far more expensive than the liquid, especially when treating multiple Rabbits. I have just looked up the price of the paste now…..:shock: It's ridiculous! The liquid is cheaper and so much easier!
  4. H

Panacur. for e.cuniculi

Thanks for this! I realised after my little panic that it's all about the dose per weight rather than the percentage strength! My vet worked out the dose and she won't have made a mistake! Thanks again I prefer the liquid because I find the paste difficult to dose especially with his headtilt...
  5. H

Panacur. for e.cuniculi

Hello everyone. My bunny Milo is currently 3/4 of the way through a course of Panacur for e,cuniculi. He has permanent headtilt from his first infection when he was very young and this is the third time he has had it. Because of the headtilt and the fact that he is quite big I use the liquid...
  6. H

Medicating a rabbit with head-tilt

I just wanted to update that Milo made a full recovery from the ec and even his residual headtilt from his first infection is less pronounced. :D
  7. H

Hiding meds in food

Thank you everyone for your replies. Re banana, I have had 12 bunnies in the last 20 years and only one liked banana!
  8. H

Hiding meds in food

Sorry I should have said! Panacur liquid.
  9. H

Hiding meds in food

Any ideas for hiding meds in food much appreciated!!Thank you!
  10. H

Thank you very much for this
  11. H

Thank you! He's charging around as Itype this and really making me laugh! He's such a character
  12. H

Thank you!
  13. H

Thank you so much for this and the very useful links
  14. H

deleted
  15. H

I've had rabbits for many years but never had a rabbit with head tilt until recently. Milo is a resue bun who had had e,cuniculi a year ago for which he was treated with Panacur/Lapizole. He copes very well.When he came to live with me a couple of weeks ago I got my vet to do a blood test to see...
  16. H

Caring for a "head tilt" rabbit

Thank you for this. It sounds like your bunny had a lovely life with you. I have been wondering about dental complications as I'm imagining that hay will tend to be chewed on the lower part of his head if you see what I mean. I'm sorry you couldn't have long with your boy but lovely that he was...
  17. H

Thank you so much. My vet is rabbit savvy,luckily and I will discuss the points you have made. The link is very interesting. I think Milo is very fortunate to have such good control over his movements and has obviously adapted well as he never rolls and runs and jumps quite normally. I'm going...
  18. H

Any feedback/advice will be very welcome. I have taken in a rabbit with quite severe head tilt. He is vaccinated but not yet neutered which I will rectify in the coming days. Head tilt was apparently caused by e.cunniculi which he was treated for a year ago. As a purely temporary measure he is...
  19. H

My rabbit died of RHD- potentially triggering* Beyond distraught

Three weeks post vaccination and Lola is fine. She should have her antibodies now. So relieved! I'm amazed she didn't contract it because she was constantly washing his face and lying next to him. We are very,very lucky
  20. H

My rabbit died of RHD- potentially triggering* Beyond distraught

It was Nobivac she was given but it has already been a week since. Thanks very much for the links. I have never watched a rabbit so closely. Poor girl has no privacy:roll:
Back