• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. Barney rubble

Head Tilt help please.

My poor little bubba Barney has started with a head tilt this morning and i'm beside myself worrying. He's been to the vets whos saying poss E.C/ear infection/vertigo. Med's he's been given are Dexadreson and Baytril to see if he responds to this before we try panacure. Is there anyone who can...
  2. Barney rubble

Pet Shop concern.

Just been on holiday, and wet into a small local pet shop to find 3 lionhead rabbits in the smallest of cages 2 in 1cage, 1in the other bot cages could be no bigger than 24"by 24". the two rabbits in together looked matted, felt awful walking out and leaving them. What can I do, and who can I...
  3. Barney rubble

Can rabbits carry/pass on Campylobacter??

I'm just recovering from really bad diarrohoea, and had tests done and found out today thats food poisioning from Campylobacter bacteria.:cry: Can rabbits pass this on or be carriers of it?? I've looked on the net and there looks like a possibilty, but how certain it is i'm not sure. I'm now...
  4. Barney rubble

Rabbit weights.

I just wanted to ask if anyone knows about how much a netherland dwarf may weigh and and lionhead?? I've just bonded my two together and just want to keep an eye on their weights to make sure they are both getting "enough" to eat, and that one or the other isn't getting more than they should, if...
  5. Barney rubble

Barney and Marley Bonding - day one.

The bonding begins 22/12/2010; 12.30pm Both go in their bonding pen in my sons room. Within minutes Barney is grooming Marley :) There is a few nips and fur pulling from Barney, and Marley is being a very good bunny and trying to groom Barney but he's having none of it :? 1.30pm - Barney has...
  6. Barney rubble

Food dilema.

Marley has been with us for a month now and have been changing her food from museli mix to SS. We've done the changing slowly, just adding a few ss pellets and last week finally changed it complety over to ss, and she was eating it fine but now the last two days is refusing ss all together. and...
  7. Barney rubble

Bonding tips from the wise RUer's

Can I trouble you all for your advice and tips for bonding. I'm sure there are lots of threads on here to help but I'm not very good at finding them :roll: So I thought I would ask for advice. Marley has been with us now for just over a week, and Barney has seen/met her throught the safetly of...
  8. Barney rubble

Barney and Marley.

Just wanted to share some cute pictures of the soon to be bonded pair, because I'm biased and think they are :love::love::love: Hope you all agree?? Marley Barney Do you think they will make a lovely couple>>?? Helen xx
  9. Barney rubble

Soft poo help please.

Hi:wave: As some of you may know Marley arrived last night, and this morning and most of the day has been doing "normal" poo's but also soft poo's. She has come with some of her own mix feed, which is what she has had, but just wondering if anyone can help with what could be causing them, is it...
  10. Barney rubble

Marley's here!!! Photo's added :-)

Marley arrived last night :D:D:D and we are sooooooooooo happy. We have adopted her from Brinsley animal rescue to bond her with our boy Barney. Will post some pictures of her very soon, and the prospective husbunny too (as soon as photobucket will let me) Could we have some settling in vibes...
  11. Barney rubble

Scarsdale vetinary group

Does anyone on here use any of these vets in particularly the vets on Kedleston Road?? Have been on a long hunt for a new vets, after telling my vets I will no longer be using them after twice telling me that their VHD vaccine is nobi vac :roll: And finally got in touch with Scarsdale and had...
  12. Barney rubble

Can anyone reccomend a good vet practice in Leicestershire/Derbyshire/Nottinghamshire

:DHi :wave: I live in Castle Donington, and am looking for a good vet someone would highly reccomend, and one that has the VHD Lipinject vaccine. Would be good if it is local or Loughborough or Long Eaton area as travel to them both regulary. But willing to travel to find a good vet practice. If...
  13. Barney rubble

Myxi and Vhd Vaccines

Hi everyone :wave: I was wondering if I can trouble you all for some of your great advice please:D My rabbit Barney is due for his vaccines next month and have phoned the vets for prices, and was told they are both £26.40 each, is this expensive?? I also asked which vaccine they use for the...
  14. Barney rubble

Nic cubes or pens??

Just wondered what most people on here use or would advise for indoor bun set ups, I'm looking at both at the moment but unsure what to get, pens seem to be cheaper than the cubes but then cubes ur more flexible on shape/size etc.......Looking through pic of set ups most I can see are cubes so...
  15. Barney rubble

I am pleased to introduce...............Barney

So finally figured this out:p and would love to share one of my many pics of my stunning boy, Hope u all agree he's :love: I think he is the best, but then I'm biased:oops:
  16. Barney rubble

Good websites for rabbit things.

Hi wondered if anyone could recommened any good webistes that are good for food, toys, hay etc....:D Thank u
  17. Barney rubble

Newspaper

I'm sure this question has been asked a thousand times before, but can u use newspaper in cages? Is the ink poisonious for little buns? Thanx Helen x:p
  18. Barney rubble

Some vets good some vets bad???

Hi all, just wanted to know if anyone could recommend a good vets in the Castle Donington/Derbyshire area. We had our lil' bun castrated last Fri and he was fine but vets we used gave No advice at all:evil: and No check-up appointment and no pain relief:evil: Poor Barney hasn't been eating much...
  19. Barney rubble

what is bimoxyl and baytril?

Can anyone please tell me what bimoxyl and baytril are and what they are used for? Thanx
  20. Barney rubble

Just been castrated, advice please.

Hi all, my rabbit Barney has just been castrated yesterday and wondered if anyone has any advice for aftercare for him as we didn't get much advice from vets, a bit of info on him; His name is Barney as I've already metioned, he's approx 16 weeks old, Netherland dwarf. He was given Baytril...
Back