• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. M

Rescue/breeder/p@h - opinions please

Yes, but caring alone isn't enough. The road to hell is paved with good intentions.
  2. M

There was ONLY one other rabbit rescue. I actually didn't post the pictures I considered the worst. Whether the pictures were taken today, or 20 years ago, is immaterial (they were from last year when the grant was given) the conditions are dreadful. Would you leave your rabbit there, while you...
  3. M

Yes, and so did a dolphin rescue, several horse sanctuaries, dog and cat rescues etc, but all I'm saying, is by supporting the adoption scheme, you are supporting rescues like the one I linked to.
  4. M

Yep, I'm sure the grants are kosher, I just dont see the point of throwing £500 at a rescue who thinks those conditions are acceptable.
  5. M

They were links talking about the grant, so not at all selective. The one other rabbit rescue got £250 for books.
  6. M

Here is one of the rescues to benefit from the scheme. I'm not sure if these pictures were taken before or after the grant. [Links removed by admin]
  7. M

It DOES happen, and it is most definitely NOT rare. It is happening on this forum, right now.
  8. M

But, if I saw a rescue rabbit advertised on here, that was a long where from my home, I could contact the "rescue", and they could ask anyone close to me to homecheck. If I passed that, transport could be arranged, and the rabbit brought to me, without anyone ever visiting the "rescue", and...
  9. M

I agree, but then we get into the whole reputable rescue thing. Anyone can call themselves a rescue, and it seems to me it's becoming increasingly difficult to spot breeders passing off unwanted stock as rescues. If you want to breed, deal with the results of your breeding, but don't pass your...
  10. M

How often do you give mixi jabs?

I think the dose on your invoice is wrong then :lol: I'm confused now, because I thought the vetergesic was given to Blaze, after his castrate/dental yesterday? So Patch had the vetergesic?
  11. M

How often do you give mixi jabs?

The vet gave you 10mls to bring home? Is this just for Blaze, or both? How many times a day are you giving it, because that could be the reason Blaze is still lying down all the time. It doesn't sound right.
  12. M

Poppy- swollen vagina

When did the vet last see her? Three weeks should have been long enough for the swelling to go down after the flystrike. It doesn't look sore, just very swollen. Is her myxomatosis vaccination up to date?
  13. M

Just back from the vets-My poorly buns have had mixi jabs & more ops required!

I can't remember which thread it was on, but you were asking about finding a new vet, when you move in October. You'll be less than half an hour away from FHB :D
  14. M

I'm pleased they seem ok, and that Blaze coped with his dental and castrate. I'm surprised the vet prescribed steroid eye drops, when the rabbits have an infection. I disagree about using opiates. Not least because they are effective for only a matter of hours. The vet needs to identify the...
  15. M

Seed pods in hay are they safe?

I think it's rape, but not completely sure. If it is rape, it's a brassica, so belongs to the same family as cabbages. The stem should be fine, but I wouldn't feed the pods. http://www.statemaster.com/encyclopedia/Rapeseed eta link
  16. M

Fingers crossed for Blaze's dental and neuter today. As he's having a GA, it would be a good idea to ask them to x-ray his skull. Then you might be closer to finding out if this ongoing eye problem some of your rabbits have, is dental related. PS. Don't forget to collect some metacam when you...
  17. M

For the 5th time the same abscess? Please help..

Bugs is a very lucky rabbit, to have ended up living with someone so caring. Would it be possible to take Bugs to a vet closer to your home, so they could open the wound a bit, so you can flush it more easily? If you are flushing through the hole left by the drain, I'm not suprised you're...
  18. M

Can anyone help me identify

Don't know the 1st one. 2nd. Looks like a goat willow, and if it is it's safe for rabbits. 3rd. Bramley?
  19. M

Water freezing?

Your winters are much more severe than ours, so I don't know if anything will stop a bottle from freezing. I think their tongues would stick to the frozen spout anyway. If you use a crock, you'll just have to change the water every few hours. Might be best to ask local breeders/pet owners what...
  20. M

Administering antibiotics?

:D
Back