• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. Saucepot

Sophie very sick, upper and lower respiratory infection

Sophie was at the vets all day yesterday, she had an AB injection and metacam and a gut stimulant. I brought her home last night and she seemed to have improved a little and appeared more relaxed and pooped overnight but has now gone downhill. She is struggling to breathe and it's so upsetting...
  2. Saucepot

What safe flower seeds can I plant?

I want to cheer up outside with some flowers in my large pots. The buns love jumping onto them, so I want flowers that are safe to be nibbled on :D I have some seeds, but not sure which ones I can grow if any...can someone help? sweet pea mix, 6 different types marigold livingstone daisy...
  3. Saucepot

Are buddljah (butterfly bush) leaves poisonous to rabbits?

Nimbus was eating one from the bush outside that he found on the ground :shock:
  4. Saucepot

Sophie has a husbun!

His name is Nimbus and I adopted him last week from a local rescue...a toyboy at 4 months old :lol: the bonding went like a dream, she loves him but he needs to learn how to groom her. She grooms him loads, then shoves her nose under him for him to do the same but he just wanders off...men...
  5. Saucepot

Can you recommend a good carrier big enough for two lop rabbits?

pretty please? I would prefer one which opened top and front, roomy anough for 2 rabbits to snuggle in...oh and I need it by Friday :lol:
  6. Saucepot

black plastic tubing, where to buy?

I see a lot of you have these in your gardens for your buns, where can I get some please??? they are more robust than the green ones I have :wave: Thank you :)
  7. Saucepot

bonding for a complete beginner

I have a house bun called Sophie who I adopted back in April. She has been spayed. An opportunity has arisen for me to give a home to an unwanted buck, appox 6 months old and unneutered. I would get him neutered, not a problem but what is best to do bonding wise? Try bonding them myself with...
  8. Saucepot

A message to you hoomans from me, Sophie bun

This is me: As you can see, I am gorgeous and my hooman loves me so why is she always hurting me? I am confused....any other bunnies out there whose hoomans do that? if not, can I come stay with you? :D First she drags me to this place called a vets, I thought it was another hooman friend and...
  9. Saucepot

*DANGER* feeding Naturals range carrot pellets U/D spoke to MD at Rosewood pets

Hi all I bought these a while back as an occasional treat for my bun Sophie. She has had them a couple of times and ate them out of the palm of my hand but tonight I put a few in her bowl. Withing a minute, she was running around with mucus literally flying out of her nose, sneezing and with...
  10. Saucepot

Sore ear help please

Hi all Noticed Sophie had a little blood on the outside of her ear. She has been scratching it and made it bleed and had a closer look and there are tiny bumps around the area. Any ideas please? mites? the inside of her ears are lovely and clean and I haven't noticed her scratching anywhere...
  11. Saucepot

Sophie not pooed after spay 24 hours ago, should I worry yet?

As the title really :? She is eating quite well, I am hand feeding her various veg and herbs and she is eating some, last night she ate nearly all her veg. She has had a few pellets and a little weetabix. She had 2 drops metacam last night before I went to bed and 2 this morning. She has done a...
  12. Saucepot

Thinking about stopping pellets altogether...

Sophie is still producing sticky smelly poos, caecotrophs but all squished together. She was on wagg bunny brunch when I adopted her and I tried changing her over to SS but no way so tried excel and she like these BUT they are not working for her. She still isn't eating anywhere near enough hay...
  13. Saucepot

Help with rearguard please...

I don't know if I have a faulty one but the stuff won't come out through the sponge unless I press really hard :evil: If I push it down hard on my hand, a little comes out but when I do it on Sophie, nothing happens. I obviously don't want to press hard on her...is it me being stoopid? :oops...
  14. Saucepot

nipping, how can I stop it?

Sophie is adorable and affectionate but she has developed a habit of nipping us. It does quite hurt!! she doesn't growl or anything and it isn't a proper full on bite, I think it is for attention but not sure. I noticed her doing it to the children when they were watching telly and they were...
  15. Saucepot

sneezing and wheezing

Hi all Just as Sophie has recovered from her horrid skin reaction to the VHD jab a month ago, she has now started making a wheezing/honking sort of sound. She only does it when running around, not whilst relaxing. I was unsure if it was a hormonal sound as she has recently started spraying...
  16. Saucepot

Quite impressed with childrens programme Newsround

Did anyone else see it? They were talikng about why it isn't a good idea to impulse buy a child a rabbit for Easter, showed some lovely large rabbit accomodation and runs etc and a lady from the RSPCA talked about how many rabbits are in rescue and how much care they need and gave tips on their...
  17. Saucepot

Help please, what is this? UD, she is making sores worse. UD again.

Was stroking Sophie just now and near each "shoulder" by the spine there is a raised area which feels hard. Upon further examination, they look like scabs, with smaller red or blood spots in them. I am experienced with guineas, but not rabbits. I would say on a guinea pig it was mites but on...
  18. Saucepot

Advice about litter retraining please!!

Hi all I have had Sophie for about 6 weeks now and she was the perfect bun re using her litter tray which was in her cage. She has a new bigger luxury pad now which due to its size, has moved a few feet from where her old cage was. I left both freely available to get her used to the new one and...
  19. Saucepot

Anyone know what breed Sophie is?

I know she is a lop but anyone know which kind of lop? I am filling out insurance on petplan and they want to know the breed and there are lots of lops!!.
  20. Saucepot

House rabbit and laminate floors

My house rabbit Sophie has settled well so far but all my floors are laminate (lino in kitchen and bathroom) and she wont venture far on it at all. My friends house rabbit is fine on it and goes all over the house but Sophie will only go on the mats I have put down for her! Do I need to buy a...
Back