• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. M

Peppa and georges completed home/run

i posted pics a few weeks back of the rabbit run we built now it is finally 100% complete and secure. Since the last pics we have added another layer of galvanised mesh on the sides and off lined it with the currant mesh so the gaps are now too small for our lop George to fit through. We...
  2. M

Our Rabbits New Handmade Run

I wrote back in April that we were moving home on 1st May and everyone gave me some good ideas for housing the rabbits in our Landladys shed. They've been living in the shed since we moved but we're going to have to do some alterations to the panels we fitted inside to keep them in their own...
  3. M

balding

Hi Peppa has tiny bald patches on one ear. She had them at the start of the year and we thought she was washing them to hard, when we got her George to befriend the hair grew back. But i've just noticed they have returned, four weeks ago we started housing them outside ready for our move...
  4. M

Double or triple hutches for giant rabbits? update

We're moving house in a few weeks. The landlady has asked if we can put our pets outside, where as they were inside animals. As Peppa is a british giant i have been searching for ages for the right type of accomodation for her and George a average sized lop. The house already has a large...
  5. M

Update: George is in vets all night and possibly all weekend

George went in to be neutered on Tues, everything went fine and i collected him at 4pm. Nurse said they'd used catgut and he needed to come back in 10 days. So i booked the appointment for 14 so he could have VHD vaccine as they'd just given him Mixi. Put him in the car and got home, he hates...
  6. M

new additions

have been thinking for a while about giving Peppa a new friend and also our ferret Sam a friend. well at the weekend we found a male albino ferret of a similar age to Sam who was neutered at a ferret rescue not to far away and they got on well so we bought him home. Then had to pop in pets at...
  7. M

any know of rescues in south east?

i wanted to get Peppa a friend now she's been spayed, i called my local pet rescue Tag and they have a large male but have already bonded him with a female to be rehomed together. As shes a giant rabbit i really wanted another giant. I was also looking for her to be bonded as we have no where...
  8. M

Peppa's in a mood

come back from dentit and Peppa's thrown the litter tray out of the crate and moved her bed to its place, then wee'd everywhere. So now have to wash her cat bed as its all wet and dirty. I was trying to clean up the rest of the mess and she stole the kitchen paper i was using and bit me :evil...
  9. M

Peppa's favourite places

She sleeps in the litter tray for hours. Last night i couldn't get her out to clean it, then i'm in the middle of painting the dining room and she decides it's to dirty, picks up the tray and throws it out of the crate:roll: She must think this is a burrow, if i forget to shut the door she's...
  10. M

Rabbits and cats?

i was wondering who has rabbits and cats? do they have free range of your home together or do you keep them seperate? Peppa is a british giant rabbit so not tiny My brothers friend has a cat thats due to give birth soon and has offered the kittens to all his frends first, he asked would we like...
  11. M

rabbit attack, that'll teach him

we gave Peppa a box to play in and she's had great fun tearing it up. my other half Rob touched her while she was in there ad she ran back to her cage. He goes over and starts talking to her, lays down near her like he usually does ( she licks his face) but she attacked:shock: he got up with...
  12. M

Hiccups?

Do rabbits get hiccups? several times we've noticed peppa laying down and making squeaking noises and her whole body jolts justlike hiccups they don't last very long. didn't know if this was normal and anyone else had noticed their buns doing it
  13. M

Anyone live in southeast kent?

I live in ramsgate and am looking for a good vet. Want to get peppa speyed when she's old enough but the vets i usually use have never treated a giant rabbit. Just wondered if anyone lived nearby and had a giant rabbit?
  14. M

litter training

Now peppa has been with us 2 weeks she no longer hides under the table all day but has taken up weeing and pooing everywhere. She has a litter tray in the crate but doesn't use it 100%, i've read on here about putting hay in there too. When she comes out of the kitchen (thats where her crate...
  15. M

Not returning to cage to eat or drink

We've only had our british giant since tuesday so she's still settling in, but i don't think she eats or drinks enough. The breeder said he gave her a bowl of food in the morning and showed us how much, he gave us a weeks worth so we could gradually change brand if we wanted. During the day we...
  16. M

Rabbit likes the kids

We thought of a name for our rabbit, Peppa after the kids tv show Peppa Pig as my boys love it. She seem's to prefer the boys, if the toddler lays on the floor she'll come over and lick his hair. She'll also let them stroke her a bit, but if the other half or i try it she runs off! :lol: this...
  17. M

Hello everyone

Hi i'm Claire Yesterday we purchased our first giant rabbit, i believe its an english. We're still trying to think of a name for her I've seen them several times in pets at home and tried to view one in there on monday but it was so scared of contact they couldn't get it out. Luckily i...
Back